Coming Home

Louis and Harry were in a long distance best friendship. Louis lived in the US while Harry lived in Britain.

They had met through a student exchange problem. Louis had transferred to Harry's school for a whole semester, and Anne had graciously accepted the school's request of hosting him.

For Louis and Harry, it was like love at first sight. However, there bond was solidified on Louis' first night in Harry's house.

It was around 3am and Louis could not sleep. He was feeling homesick and a little scared in the dark, foreign room. He crept out of his room, and walked the short distance to Harry's room, frustrated tears in his eyes.

He knocked on the door, which was opened by a sleepy Harry. As soon as Louis saw him, he jumped into his arms, and started crying quitely into neck.

"Louis? What are you doing here?" Harry questioned, while balancing Louis in his arms and hugging him tighter.

Louis stuttered out a small,"s-scared."

Harry did not verbally reply and just carried Louis inside his room, closing the door behind him. He gently untangled Louis' arms from his neck and placed him on his bed. Louis cried out again, fearing that Harry was leaving him alone." Honey, I'm not going anywhere, okay? Just relax for me."

Harry sat on his bed and brought Louis to his lap, gently shushing him and crooning sweet nothings into his ear.

In the morning, Anne found them both in Harry's room, Louis laying completely on Harry, his face stuffed in Harry's neck and Harry's hands protectively wrapped around Louis' waist.

They grew even closer together during Louis' stay. Harry, being three years older, had developed a protective side over Louis. Harry's friends were also quick to accept Louis and he officially became the baby of the group. He was carried everywhere, his friends wanted him on their laps and he always got his daily dose of kisses, cuddles and hugs. Life was great. But then he had to go back home.

Everybody was crying, Louis had managed to giggle his way into many hearts. Harry took it the hardest. He was not willing to let Louis go and kept hugging him until Anne had to forcefully remove him.

Everyone was an emotional mess, and it was a very heartfelt goodbye.

______________________________________

It had now been three months since Harry and his friends had seen Louis.

As they had graduated this year, they had all signed up to universities in America. Harry and Lexie had got into one that was just a half hour drive from Louis' high school. Ed and Zayn had gotten into one about two hours away from Louis' town, and the rest were all in driving distance too.

Louis was unaware of this as all of them wanted it to be a surprise. They were planning on giving Louis a surprise visit a month before starting college. All the plans had been sorted out with Louis' mum and they were going to stay at his house till uni starts.

______________________________________

Harry's pov...

I was so excited to see Louis that I had packed my bags a week in advance. That little ball of sunshine has stolen my entire heart. He is just so cute and innocent that I want to protect him from everyone.

Today was finally the day we were going to America. We reached there by 2am, on Saturday night. Me and my friends stood in the immigration line for what felt like eternity. Finally we were through and in a cab, going to Louis' house which was about a one hour drive.

I felt a strong wave of happiness crash over me as I stood in front of Louis' home. We were graciously welcomed by his mum even at such an ungodly hour. The rest of the gang went to their respective rooms that they were sharing while I beelined to Louis' room, which I had seen multiple times during facetime.(he had even given me a house tour once)

I quitely open the door, careful not to wake him and slid into the bed beside him. He stirred and unconsciously settled on my chest, wrapping his tiny arms around my shoulders in a vice grip. I chuckled and he stirred again, making me clamp my mouth shut with wide eyes. However, he did not settle down and instead sat up , rubbing his eyes. I grinned wide, knowing that he was going to see me anytime now. What I didn't expect was for him scream and kick me in the side

"Lou, baby, it's me! Harry."

Louis stopped his kicking and looked down at me, instantly jumping onto me,"Hazzie!!!!"

I gathered him up in my arms and burried my face in his hair,"Hey baby, surprise!"

When he looked up again, his eyes were glazed over and I instantly knew what had happened.

It was Louis' first week at school and everything was going fine. Until one day when a group of boys approached him and pushed him around, causing bruises on his arms and stomach. That day he had locked himself in the school bathroom and only came out when he heard Harry's voice.

When he had heard Harry call out for him, he had opened the latch with shaky hands and let Harry in, who closed the door again.

Harry brought him into his arms and sat on the floor with Louis on his lap.

Needless to say, he was extremely surprised when Louis had mumbled," Daddy, boys mean," into his neck.

Louis had explained to him later, with rosy cheeks, that he was a little. He had also confessed that little Louis regarded Harry as his primary caregiver. Harry was surprised but accepted Louis with open arms and promised to be his Daddy.

"Daddy?"

"Yes baby?"

"Lou missed you lots!" Little Louis exclaimed and placed a wet kiss on my cheek.

I just chuckled and said,"  Thank you for the kiss baby, and I missed you lots too. C'mon let's go to sleep. It's late."

"But Lou want to talk to daddy." Louis pouted.

"Daddy will talk with you tomorrow. Now be a good boy and go to sleep."

Louis' eyes widened and he mumbled a,"Lou always a good boy," and quickly snuggled in my neck, falling asleep a few minutes later. I looked at him, with my eyes full of fond, and fell asleep too.