Chapter 3: Definitely Not A Lady

Silence was the only companion for the rest of the journey. 

The two Narnians wondered what was running in the girl's mind. This must have been all new to her if she wasn't from here to begin with. It didn't seem that she could be a spy, but they would be able to capture her before she made her move. They were imagining how the King would react to this situation, considering how he took in the situation from two years ago when his coronation took place. Aslan's words still echoed in their ears as it did with every living being.

Sophie was scared. She was in a whole new world where she knew nobody. But that also meant nobody knew her. She had no choice but to trust herself, but that was a skill that she had grown to like over the years of her life. There was no one out there for her. She wondered if she would get answers or more questions once she reached the castle.

"Sir Reepicheep?" 

"Sir Reepicheep?" The mouse chuckled. "Reepicheep is sufficient enough."

"Oh, sorry. I thought that you were a knight."

"I am, lass. It's just that I've never been called that before. I'm not complaining because it does sound good." He chuckled. "What did you want to ask me?"

Well, there was only question left to ask out of the many that came to mind. Might as well go ahead and ask it. "Who are the King and Queen of Narnia?"

Reepicheep wanted to laugh out loud but that would have been extremely rude, and according to his mother, you must never laugh at someone behind their back. "Well dear, the King of Narnia right now is Caspian the tenth. There is no Queen yet. But there is someone above him, of course."

"Who is that, might I ask?" Watching period dramas for her English project was somehow working now that she had to talk in their dialect.

The mouse held into his rapier with a firm grip, still remembering the day he got his tail back by His grace. "That would be the noble Aslan."

"Isn't 'Aslan' Turkish for 'Lion'?" Sophie chuckled, having made a certain joke about the King of Narnia being a lion. Trumpkin turned around only for a second to stare at her. "He's a lion?!"

"Quite the curious mind." Trumpkin pondered whether it was a good thing that there was someone from the Other World here, because as far as he knew his history, it was never a good sign. After some time, he spoke once again. "We're nearing the town."

Sophie was taking in the sights of the town that they were passing through. The people weren't surprised to see the King's men, which only meant that the King cared about his people. Good, she thought. 

The town and the castle were separated by a long bridge high off the ground. The horse started galloping across, hungry to get some rest at the lower stables. As they neared the strong iron gates, it was reeled in upwards for them to enter the castle. The people at the castle gazed at the King's right hands returning, not alone. Talk spread around fast enough that there was a newcomer in town. She was human, they saw. But why would the two Inner Circle members be bringing a girl to the castle?

Trumpkin rode to the lower stables where the horses used for daily riding were kept. There was a small fountain in the centre of the yard and a small tower on the left from which you could look over the town as well as other regions like the endless sea.

"Let's go."  He unmounted the horse and led the way towards the castle.

"We could've let someone else bring Anthony to the stables, you know?" Reepicheep asked, concerned about the fact that Trumpkin was doing all the work, but did not receive a reply. He wanted to think that his dear friend wanted the girl to look around and see how many guards were there.