Chapter 11: Daughter of the Stars

"Are you okay, Your Majesty?" Tavros asked as they packed their bags and started on their journey once again.

Sophie's body was still getting used to the loss of blood but the water had given her the strength that she needed. Light was taking over the darkness that danced before her eyes. "I'm a little tired, Tavros. Would you mind if I rest my eyes for a while?"

"Not at all, Your Majesty. It has been a pretty long journey so far. We'll reach Ramandu's Island in a few hours." After an hour of rest, she started to tell him what had happened underwater. "She sounds completely awful, if I might say."

"Oh she was very irritating! But there is a saying that we don't know who the villain or the hero is because they are two sides of the same coin. A villain is only a hero whose story hasn't been told yet."

"I might have to disagree with you there. In our lives, it is very evident who the real hero is. Your Majesty." He bowed his head at her.

"Thank you, Tavors." A genuine smile spread on her face. She was far from a hero but she would accept this. "Now that we have finished our part, what do you think you'll do next?"

"I wouldn't mind a nice meal," a chuckle escaped him. "I only want to go home if I'm being honest. I would love to feel the warmth of Telmar again after months of this journey."

"As do I, Tavros. As do I." It would be a dream come true to go back to Telmar. It was the place that brought her back to life and it would always be the first place that she would look forward to seeing.

"You are coming back after almost a year if I'm not wrong?"

"Yes. Have things changed a lot since the Battle of Beruna?"

"Narnia can never change in the eyes of its sons and daughters, Your Majesty. There haven't been many changes but I wouldn't mind to see you on the throne." He gasped. "I'm sorry, Your Majesty. I shouldn't have said that."

So, word had gotten out about my intentions, she thought. The Asian woman and the Indian girl she had met before her coronation must have spread word around. 

"Don't worry." She shook her head. "I won't take you wrong at all. It is nice to talk with someone who likes to talk so freely. I need that after everything that has happened."

"I hope that you don't think that I want to force you on the throne or anything. It is just that, the past year has been a little bit gloomy and there have been rumours spreading around."

Sophie frowned. "What rumours?"

"I should not have said that." He shook his head. "Why can't I keep my mouth shut?"

"Oh, come on, Tavros. You aren't saying anything that hasn't already been said, right? I hope people haven't been speaking wrong about anything though. I don't want any misunderstanding between anyone."

Tavros couldn't meet her eyes. "The people of Narnia.....we were actually hoping for a wedding soon. We thought that once you got crowned, the King would propose soon."

"Why? Are people not happy with Caspian's rule?"

She was getting defensive all of a sudden. The throne was as much as Caspian's as it was hers, but the native Narnians only considered Sophie to be the real ruler. When Caspian and Sophie had talked about this, he had told her that he didn't care if people didn't see him as a ruler because all he wanted was to stay by her side - as the King, as her consort, as her partner.

"We are very much happy, Your Majesty. But we were praying for His Majesty's happiness."

"Oh!" Sophie exclaimed, getting what he was implying. "And were people trying to force Caspian into marriage?" He looked hesitant to reveal it. "We can move on from the topic just after you answer that. I promise."