Chapter 13: We Are Family

Even after staying up to talk all night, the time that the five of them spent together seemed as if it had passed by in the blink of an eye. It wasn't easy to focus on the darkness when there were a million reasons to be said. 

Caspian and Sophie took their time to reach the cabins because he had insisted that he accompany her to her cabin. This worked out perfectly while Edmund and Lucy talked some things out on the deck. They missed their siblings. They missed their parents. While the war was going on in the Other World, they were going to be fighting one for a world that they would always belong to. But this would be one without Peter or Susan by their side to tell them to be careful. 

They only had each other. "And we are enough." 

"I know, Lu. Thank you for always being by my side, even when I've been a prick in the past."

She bumped his shoulder with hers and sighed. "I won't argue with you there," They laughed. "But thank you too."

In the lower decks, Caspian and Sophie were once again drowning in the words that they wanted to tell each other but couldn't. But the empty feeling that they had felt before battling Jadis was not there, which could be a sign that they wished to take. "Sophie?"

"Yes?"

"Sleep well." 

Sophie softly punched his arm. "You too."

The next morning, Drinian informed that they were nearing the Island and it was time to inform everyone about the strategy to be followed. "I'll gather everyone on the deck, Your Majesties."

"Eustace and I are going for the first watch," informed Reepicheep and bowed to the Kings and Queens.

"Be careful," Lucy and Sophie cautioned him at the same time.

Caspian, Sophie and the Pevensies wore our battle armour in the Royal State Room and wished each other good luck. "Remember," said Lucy. "The Green Mist will be protecting the island as Lilliandil told us."

"We cannot think about our fears once we enter," continued Sophie. "No matter how much we are pushed to it. Olivis was a crazy bread, which means that we cannot underestimate what the mist could do to us. So stick together."

"You gave up your sword," Caspian spoke to Edmund, remembering that his sword was at the Table.

"It wasn't mine to keep."

Caspian walked over to his table and took out his sword. "Use this," he said, handing Peter's sword - Rhindon.

"But it's....."

"Peter would want you to have it," Caspian persisted and Edmund knew that it was better to not argue since Lucy and Sophie were also on the same page on wanting him to take the sword.

"I'll meet you on the deck," Edmund told before walking out of the room along with his sister. The two had been talking about the couple and believed that they needed to talk some things out, especially since they were marching into uncharted territory.

"So," said Sophie as Caspian helped her strap her battle armour. She was so aware of his breath on her neck and how his fingers were leaving heat trails across her skin. She simply hoped that he couldn't notice the shiver that went down her back.

"So."

"I know that I said 'no goodbye talks', but I wanted you to know that-"

Caspian placed a finger to her lips, just like she had done to him before the Battle of Beruna. "No goodbye talks."

"I wanted to tell you that you should be giving a speech or something." She changed the topic as she wore her bow and arrows and strapped her sword to the belt.