❣︎Chapter One❣︎

☀︎︎

Y/N's eyes shot open as she heard a loud bang coming from down the hall. Her mother instincts immediately kicked in as she ran to her son's room to check on him.

"Haru?!" She exclaimed.

She burst open the door to find her son, laying face down, on the floor instead of his bed.

"H-how..nevermind." Y/N sighed, not even wanting to know how her son ended up like that. He slowly sat up as he rubbed his forehead.

"Mommy." He mumbled, tears welling in his eyes.
"Come here babes." She cooed as she picked him up.

She rocked back and forth until he seemed completely calm and then set him back down in his bed.

Once Y/N was sure her son was fine, she walked back to bed, flopping on it. She let out a tired sigh as she finally got comfortable.

Beep.

Beep.

Beep.

Bee-

"Jeez I get it!" Y/N huffed in frustration. She hit the stop button on her phone and groggily got up.

'Why must school be a thing?' She thought to yourself as she got ready.

She put on her uniform and brushed her hair putting it in a comfy hairstyle. She then went to the kitchen to make her son's breakfast. She cooked the eggs than wrapped them up and put them in the fridge. Making sure to write a little note to the nanny saying a small thanks like she always does.

She made one final check in Haru's room to make sure he was fine, then she texted the nanny that she was leaving.

Grabbing some bread, she headed out. Y/N always made sure to get up extra early so she had time to make food for her son and feed the ducks.

Feeding the ducks was Y/N's favorite thing to do, besides being with her son if course.

She walked to the pond and pulled out the bread she stuffed in her bag. She sat on the bench like she does every morning and started throwing chunks at the ducks.

"Ah, if only life was as simple as my love for ducks." Y/N sighed as she threw some more bread to the ducks.

As she was about to throw another piece, she heard multiple footsteps, which scared the ducks away. She only sighed and sat back in the bench.

This was also normal. Every morning the volleyball club used this as their running route. She never paid any attention to them as she didn't feel the need to, but for some reason Y/N decided to turn around today.

As she did, it was like time slowed down. Her eyes were met with a certain red head. It's like everything stopped, even though it was just a glance.

The red head's face slowly formed a big grin.

"Good morning Bread-chan!" He did a wave motion with two fingers as he ran past.

"Bread....chan?" She mumbled as she watched them grow smaller due to the distance. "What a weird guy." She tore off another piece of bread as the ducks slowly came back.