❣︎chapter Six❣︎

Y/N walked. She just walked. She had no clue where she was and she had forgotten her jacket. She was cold. She stopped walking for a moment to check the time. She stuffed her hands in her pockets but didn't feel a phone.

"Did I leave my phone at home? No..I know I took it.." Then it hit her, "FUCKING TENDOU!" She shouted in anger.

"What did Tendou-kun do now?" A deep voice spoke, a chuckle following soon after.

Y/N turned around to see a familiar face. Semi.

"Oh nothing much." She sighed.

"You look cold. What are you doing without a jacket this late at night?" Semi asked her, furrowing her brows.

"Long story short I went for a walk but passed out then Tendou found me and I got mad at him for something so I left his house and then I realized I have no clue where I am." Y/N rambled on as she told her story, Semi just sat there taking in the information.

"I see." He chuckled again, "Here take my jacket. I'll also give you directions." He took off his jacket and handed it to her.

"No I couldn't. It's cold, you will freeze." Y/N declined, pushing his hand away.
"Well you already ARE freezing." He insisted, wrapping the jacket around her shoulders.
"Whatever. Anyways can I borrow your phone for a minute..please?" Y/N asked shyly. She felt bad enough that she took his jacket and took up his time she didn't really want to ask for his phone.

"Of course here." He took out his phone and handed it to Y/N.

She immediately dialed the house phone hoping someone would pick up.

"Hello?" A small voice answered.
"Haru! Baby, can you put the Mina on the phone?" She asked in a sweet voice, despite her bitter feelings at the moment.

Semi stared at her confused, wondering who she could possibly talk to like that.

"Mama?" Haru asked.
"Yeah babes it's me. Give the phone to Mina."
Y/N sighed.

Y/N heard a lot of moving around before she finally heard Mina over the phone.

"Hi Y/N." Mina said.
"Yeah hi. Sorry I might not be able to make it home tonight. Would you mind staying overnight to watch Haru? I have extra money in my dresser." Y/N gritted her teeth.

She in fact did not have extra money. That was next months rent money. But she had to pay Mina somehow. She would just pick up an extra shift during the week or something.

"Of course don't worry about it!" Mina accepted.
"Thank you so much Mina you are a life saver." Y/N sighed in relief.
"Okay bye!" Mina said before hanging up.

"Here's your phone. Sorry for taking up your time." Y/N forced a smile.
"Don't worry about it. But if you don't mind me asking..who was that on the phone?" Semi asked, despite his mind telling him it would be a bad idea.

"I do mind." Y/N said, keeping up her smile despite how cold her words sounded.
"Right. Sorry.." He muttered.

"Well, I'll be off then. Thanks for lending me your jacket and phone. I'll give the jacket back at school tomorrow if that's cool with you." A soft giggle slipped past Y/N's lips.
"Y-yeah that's fine. But how are you going to get home?" Semi asked.
"Uh...I'll find it." Y/N shrugged.
"That won't do. I'll walk you home if you tell me your address." Semi frowned.

"I wouldn't want to take up more of your time. But thanks for the jacket and the phone." Y/N declined.
"I'm serious Bread-chan. I don't want you getting even more lost." He stopped her, gently holding her wrist before she was able to walk away.

Y/N frowned the name Bread-chan. Then her mind flashed to about an hour ago when she was with Tendou. He called her by her name. Not Bread-chan. And now she'll probably never hear him say it again.

"Wow, haven't heard Bread-chan in a hot minute." Y/N whistled slightly, trying to brush off her uneasiness about the name. "Does everyone know me by that name?"

"Oh sorry." He coughed, "L/N-san."
"Ah Y/N is fine. I'm pretty casual about names." Y/N shrugged, keeping a stoic expression.

"Right...Y/N. So anyways where do you live?" Semi changed the subject.
"Wait. I just realized I don't know what your name is."

That statement made Semi frown. They were literally in the same class. How could she not know his name.

"Semi." He stated.
"Okay Semi." She half smiled, with her eye lids only half open due to exhaustion. "I'll let you accompany me home just this once but you have to make me a promise." Her face turned to a more serious expression.

"Sure what is it?" He asked.
"You can't go past the stairs. Because I live in an apartment there are stairs to get to my front door. Don't go past them." She said.
"Fine." He smiled tiredly, just wanting to get her home safely already.
"Okay my address is (random address lol)."

"Oh, we are pretty close, let's go." Semi started walking and Y/N started following immediately.

☀︎︎

They walked for a bit before arriving at her apartment. They barley talked the whole way.

"Here take back your jacket you might get cold." She shoved the jacket in his direction.
"Nah, it looks better on you. I'm not even cold right now." Semi shrugged.

"You're so stubborn. Stay here." She huffed.

A couple minutes later she came out with a sweater if hers.

"At least where this. It was just washed so don't worry." She held it out, looking away from him.

He raised an eyebrow.

"Well? Are you going to take it or not?" Y/N mumbled under her breath as she shook it a bit.

"Thanks." He chuckled.
"Sure whatever." She shrugged.

"Goodnight Y/N." Semi waved.
"Night Semi." Y/N waved without looking behind her as she walked up the stairs.

☀︎︎
Both her son and Mina were asleep on the couch. She quietly walked into her room and sat on her bed.

She thought about everything that took place.

"He'll only end up hurting Haru." Y/N mumbled and she pulled her knees to her chest.

A/N
Sorry it was a short chapter. I'm running off of like 3 hours of sleep and coffee lol.

I update when I'm bored and I randomly got bored at 1 am so here we are.

I'll probably post less often though.

Anyways stay safe thanks for reading <3