Chapter 2

Joilee's Promising Years

(Few Years Prior)

Before Joilee's deep space expedition to Sierra Alpha Prime, Joilee was part of the Earth's Governmental Conglomerate (E.G.C.) Joilee was born at the age of a central world government ruled by a military social council. Since the E.G.C. was formed 200 years ago, it enforced laws and policies for every citizen to become a citizen-soldier. The use of the currency was obsolete. Everything that world citizens needed was issued through government ration based on the E.G.C social class system. The E.G.C. also enforced population control policies. Citizens were mandated to enlist in an E.G.C. military force at the age of seven.

Joilee was admitted to the E.G.C. military academy and trained in the basics of weapons combat, hand-to-hand close quarter contact (CQC), solo baton (stick fighting ), and Mag Krav. Her advanced training is known as Zero Gravity Protocol. Zero Gravity Protocol consisted of space marine combat, space shuttle piloting, space fighter jet combat, and emergency drift.

Through all Joilee's training at the age of 14, she decided she wanted to be an Interplanetary Agricultural Scientist. Once the E.G.C. permitted her to pursue her interest, her studies included Plant & Human Biological Relations, Plant Genetic Mutations, and Terraforming. Joilee was the top in her class. She had written numerous essays on terraforming, plant genetic modifications &[ manipulation. Joilee received praise personally from the E.G.C council for her experiments in altering D.N.A. of strawberries, grapes, wheat, and corn increasing its lifespan for up to 2 years. By the age of 18, she earned the title Level III of Agricultural Scientist as the valedictorian at her graduation from the E.G.C. Agricultural science academy. By the age of 22, she has been awarded the title of Chief Science Officer of Interplanetary Agriculture.

After her graduation was assigned to the Agricultural Science Division before being assigned to the ship Oldumare to observe the planet Sierra Alpha Prime in the Alpha Centauri Galaxy. The planet was discovered 100 years ago by unmanned intergalactic space shuttles equipped with lightwave engines.

These shuttles were programmed to scan distant worlds for colonization. The Oldumare was the first prototype ship built with the experimental engine that ran on Lightwave technology. This technology operated by bombarding mass amounts of light particles into dark matter, creating combustion light waves that allowed it to travel at the speed of light.

The E.G.C's Applied Science Division began researching and developing a prototype engine. In theory, the engine would fold time and space to connect Earth's solar system with Alpha Centauri Solar System by creating a wormhole. However, this development of this technology would take another fifty or so years.

After Joilee received her rank, she and her classmates went to a bar and celebrated. The following morning she'd had packed her trip home to the Detroit Biodome Hub before she had to board the Oldumare in a week.

As she was packing her clothes, a voice from her phone alerted her that she had a video phone. She grabbed a thin glass sheet that projected the holographic app icons. She turned on the large image of a bald dark skin man that wore an E.G.C. military uniform. His name is Lieutenant Orlando Jackson.

Jackson and Joilee had entered the academy together; however, their path took a slight split. While Joilee became interested in science, Jackson became an E.G.C. combatant marine. Jackson was a weapons expert and trained to be a field combat strategist. Jackson and Joilee were close friends and became even closer throughout their military careers.

"Hey, baby girl!" Jackson replied with a smile on his face.

"Hey baby, how are you!" Joilee replied.