Chapter 12

Palmer Video Log

Dr. Joilee Reyna James

January 21st, 2460 C.E.

It has been months since my arrival on Sierra Alpha Prime. Many nights I wonder how my family is doing. I miss my mother, father, and Mason so much. I wonder how Orlando is doing. I wonder if you are thinking about me as I journey throughout this beautiful world. Knowing Orlando, he is probably the first to volunteer for a rescue mission. I wish I could tell my family about my experience on this beautiful planet. However, regardless of how much I missed them, I must remain focused on my survival.

After spending a few days preparing for our trip across the waters, supplies were taken from the village to the Sequetal seaside village port of Ahn-She! Ahn-She had ships that we built like ancient roman ships, which were powered by humanoid and wind.

Anyway, I must stay focused and meet with the natives to establish forms of relations. I know I have probably violated many governmental prime directives in communing with the planet natives. However, if my people have any chance for survival, I must learn the ways of the Sierran natives.

The remaining satellite that has managed not to be shot down, tracks my movement in geo synchronized orbit. Whatever weapon that destroyed the Oldumare, decided not to destroy the satellite probe.

******

On the open sea known as the Doshal Sea, Joilee and her escorts sail on the dark purplish waters during the midday. Joilee looked over the seaside horizon as the planet's daily planet cycle was close to an end. She was fascinated by the night sky. Joilee observed the planet, stars, and nebulas that were becoming visible.

As Joilee looked over the seaside, Mantiko watched Joilee with great infatuation. He held a necklace in his hand that he traded at the Sequetal village.

It was made with cloth, animal hide, and rock-like metal. Jembere saw the love he had for Joilee in his eyes and decided to taunt him.

"You have eyes for the sky visiter, I see."

"Yeah, what is it to you?"

"I find your behavior careless. You don't know who the alien is or why it is here. She could be here for our destruction for as little as you know."

"Or she is here for our salvation."

"Salvation for what. Her race. She even said that her people are looking for another world to live in."

"That is yet to be determined. In the meanwhile, Joilee is under the protection of the Quexamatil tribe. Respect that," Mantiko replied as they stormed towards Joilee's direction.

Mantiko called for Joilee. Joilee turned around with delight in her eyes from watching the Sierran night sky.

"Hey, Mantiko!"

"Joilee, I have something for you?"

"What is it?"

"Mantiko presents Joilee the necklace."

"For me?"

"Yes."

"I can't take this. It's beautiful."

"That is what you deserve. It is just as beautiful as its owner. Besides, it is bad luck for me if my gift is rejected." Mantiko replied as he extended the necklace to Joilee.

"Well, I don't want that," Joilee replied as she took the necklace and put it on.

"How does the necklace look on me?"

"Like I said, just as beautiful as its owner. It's getting late. You should sleep. Texunse has provided you a place to sleep."

"You are right. I am feeling a bit tired."