Chapter 10

Updated 03-19-2022

Palmer Video Log.

Dr. Joilee Reyna James.

January 4, 2460 C E.

After a few days traveling with the Quexamatil, we decided to make camp for the night. While we rested, we once again encountered the Oxuna tribe. However, my meeting with them did not go well as Mantiko and the leader of the tribe Jembere, tried to kill each other over me. While I tried to stop them from killing each other, I took a knife to the abdomen. While dying, I was saved by one of the Oxuna priested named Jerexunale. She managed to heal my fatal wound in seconds.

Jerexunale was a female native that commanded respect with her presence. Like Ixepuliz, Jerexunale was shrouded with mystery but held an enlightened personality. I am very interested in learning from her as it will be beneficial.

*****

Joilee woke up in a stone hut as she was screaming frantically from a daymare of being stabbed. Ixepuliz ran by her side to whisper words of comfort and protection.

Joilee regained her composure; she looked at Ixepuliz and immediately became angry.

"Get away from me," Joilee scolded.

"Joilee, I am sorry," Ixepuliz stated. Joilee sighed.

"Ixepuliz, I know you are trying to look out for me, but you have to control your anger. Your temper is not good for you," Joilee replied.

Ixepuliz did not understand a word, but he nodded.

Joilee got up from a make-shift mat and darted towards a window. Joilee sees geometric pottery, idols, and woven mats made from fiber not known to her.

Jerexunale walked into the hut with two tall Oxuna bodyguards carrying spears. Jerexunale ordered Ixepuliz to leave, but Ixepuliz refused. The two bodyguards drew their spears against Ixepuliz. Ixepuliz quickly drew his dagger. Joilee put her hand on Ixepuliz and gently pushes down the dagger as a gesture for him to surrender. Ixepuliz looked at Joilee.

Joilee had a frustrated look on her face. Ixepuliz looked into Joilee's judgemental eyes. Ixepuliz put his weapon back in his pelt sheath to avoid the same mistake twice. Ixepuliz agreed to leave the hut with the two bodyguards.

Jeruexunale moved a wall scone which opened a pathway in the middle of the floor. Jerexunale said a few words and gestured her to follow her. Jerexunale descended into the floor. Beneath the stone hut, there was a device of advanced technology. The device powered a doorway in the room. The door is constructed of an archway of liquid-like design.

Jerexunale chanted a few words, and the device came alive. The device focused particle beams onto the liquid surface, showing a purplish color. Joilee was amazed. Joilee took her Palmer to get energy readings which were off the scale. Jerexunale again gestured for Joilee to follow her before stepping through the portal. Joilee was hesitant at first, but she trusted Jerexunale. She did save her life.

Joilee stepped through the portal. Within seconds, Joilee stood inside an oval-shaped room. The technology was evident that it was an advanced alien structure. There were similar liquid-structured doorways that circled the room. Jerexunale went to a console and uttered more words. A small panel slid up, revealing an alien stone in an alien glass-like container.

Jerexunale took the crystal and sat in the middle of the room in a lotus position. Jerexunale invited her to sit with her. Joilee complied and sat across from Jerexunale. Joilee looked at the crystal and was mesmerized by its hypnotic beauty as it glowed an indigo color.