CHAPTER 16

Updated (05-02-2022)

Five Years Later

During her training with Matreal, Joilee has learned to harmonize her body with the chakrun stones. Joilee's appearance has changed as her skin became more of a brownish hue, and her hair has grown past shoulder length. Moreover, her physical stamina has improved tremendously. Her body has adapted to the planet's environment. Deep inside the monastery, Matreal activates a portal for Joilee to step through.

"I have taught you enough to harmonize your body with the chakrun. How do you feel?"

"Yes, all the chakrun and I are one. I thank you, my Matreal," Joilee replied.

Matreal hated to see Joilee leave, but Matreal knew her guest had a greater purpose beyond the monastery's walls.

"Whenever you need me, I will be here for you." Matreal replied.

Joilee stepped through the portal gate. On the other end, she found Ixchepuliz waiting for her on the other end. Joilee found her in Quexamtil portal room. Ixchepuliz greeted Joilee.

"Welcome back, sky visitor."

"Hello!"

"You have changed; I sense a great energy coming from within you!"

"You do!"

"Yes, it is coming from all the chakruns you have gathered. You should be proud, only Sierran women who are next in line to Gran Matreal are able to harness the power of all chakruns. Are you here to take that role?"

"No, my objective is the same. I am trying to go back to my home."

"Very understandable. Come! You have come back at an excellent time. We are in the marriage mating season of every Sierrian. You will join us for the ceremony."

"Mantiko is getting married?"

"No! Every year he rejects a mate!"

"Why?"

"I think you already know."

Joilee followed Ixchepuliz to a hut that was made in her honor. Once Joilee settled in, she walked around the village and observed her surroundings decorated for the ceremony. She noticed Mantiko was coming back with a hunting party . Ten tribesmen carry a game, each paired with a dead animal tied on carrying poles. When Mantiko laid eyes on Joilee, he dropped the end of his stick, leaving his carrying partner to support his share of the weight. Mantiko quickly approached Joilee.

"You are back, after all, this time," Mantiko smiled.

"Yes, Joilee smiled."

"Are you staying?'

"It appears so."

"Wait here. I have something for you."

Mantiko went to his chambers inside the temple and returned in ten minutes. He represented the Palmer that was left in his care. However, Palmer was not in the near-perfect condition before. It had dents, and the screen was cracked. Joilee attempted to turn it on, but the power source was also damaged.

"What happened to it?" Joilee asked.

"On our way back home, we were attacked by a pack of animals. While trying to escape down a cliff, I dropped it."

"Well, I guess it is useless. Joilee replied as she put the Palmer in her hip pouch."

"Joilee, are you coming to the festival tonight?"

"Of course."

'"Good, I want to ask you something."

"What is it?"