Chapter 15

UPDATED (4-25-2022)

Palmer Video Log

Dr. Joilee Reyna James

January 30th, 2460. C.E

After being directed to go through the Calisal mountain underpass, we were guided by a Calisal citizen who knew the way. For research data, I activated a sonar resonator that was part of the program in her Palmer. However, the scan readings were incomplete. The resonator program could only pick up 3 miles of the network. Obvious, the cavern network was like an endless labyrinth. Without a guide, I would surely have gotten lost.

After a few hours in the caves, I and my escort came across an underground hot spring. These hot springs kept the Calisal valley warm. The water contained an alien form of algae that lit the caves with a bio illuminance radiance. We had passed through the inner hot springs, and we arrived at the inner cliffs as we had to scale the cliffs.

After a few hours of an upward climb towards the inner cliffs, finally, we exited the caves and rested at a mountain base camp. We camped for the night and restocked on food. They had given us dark crimson berries with vines protruding from the inner seed. They were the size of golf balls.

It was called Vesunt, which meant blood sphere. I scanned the berry, which revealed that it was loaded with calories, antioxidants, and caffeine. So I ran a health simulation program of what side effects of eating the alien fruit. However, the Palmer seemed to malfunction since it said I could consume the berry in a full compact. So I decided to run the simulation again; however, the results were the same. So I decided to be my own lab rat and consume a small portion of the berry. Nor I did feel the effects, except a boost of energy?

My bio scan on my monitor started to spike. I read my bio signs showing that I just ingested 5000 mg of caffeine. That was way more than the daily dose that a human can eat, a lethal dose. My heart should have been pounding out of my chest, but I felt nothing but absolute alertness. This could not be right, I decided to initiate Palmer's system diagnostics, and everything seemed to be functioning perfectly.

There is no physical or radiation damage, no operating system data corruption, or anything out of the norm. Then I decided to check the data since I started consuming the food on Sierra Alpha Prime. Before I received the first chakrun. Most of the food was deemed inconsumable due to my human D.N.A., now the Palmers backlog saying that I can eat them. Since my infusion, I have experienced a lesser appetite, which has not affected my stamina.

It seemed that the chakruns have altered my D.N.A. by 30%. In addition, my heart and lungs have enlarged by 5%. I can't believe that I didn't notice the change. So, I did another bio can of the chakrun. However, there was some type of electrical magnetic interference. If I were going to receive answers, I would surely find them making my journey ahead.

*****

Joilee and her crew led the Calisal tribal leader Azulean through the caves to the Coral Mountain pass.

The terrain was steep, rocky, dark, and windy in this biome. The upside is that it was better than a freezing desert. Joilee caught a glimpse above as well below the mountains. Above, she saw distant planets, an asteroid field, and gaseous nebulas.

Below, Joilee saw a ravine and a dense alien forest. Strange sounds were coming from below that spooked her. Azulean explained that they were the native animals that dwelled in the forest.

Azulean helped his guest press on as the path ascended higher into the mountains. The higher Joilee ascended, the air became denser. However, Joilee was not hard to breathe like during her first arrival.