Chapter 11

(UPDATE 03-26-2020)

Palmer Video Log

Dr. Joilee Reyna James

December 28th, 2459 C.E.

After visiting Oxuna natives, I was instructed to head to the Sequetal Plains. We journeyed through the forest through the Sarexen Forest. Sarexen meant a place of forever night. The name suited the area well, as the forest was dense with foliage and fog. It took a day to travel through. To aid with my journey, both Mantiko's and Jembere's tribal parties escorted me through the forest. However, there are generations of tension and fighting between the tribes. I requested each tribes to stay 10 feet from my right and left. However, Mantiko and Jembere stayed close to me.

*****

Deep in the Sarexen forest, Joilee and her escort party walk through a dense pathway. Mantiko and Jembere ordered a few of their tribal members to scout ahead. Oxuna and Quexamatil scouts posted positions in the trees and a few miles ahead. Joilee wished Mantiko and Jembere would do the same as there was constant bickering amongst the two. Finally, Joilee had enough as the two argued over who was going to lead after getting lost.

"Will you two stop it? Both of you arguing it gives me a headache," Joilee scoffed with frustration.

Joilee was extra irritable, especially after being nearly killed by the two.

Mantiko cuts Jembere a snide look.

"You see what you are doing? You are making the sky visitor upset," Jembere snarled.

"It is you with your big mouth,"

"It's both of you who I am getting frustrated with. You two need to find a way of getting along if you both are going to be around me."

"You can expect me to get along with a Jock-see dung pile like him," Mantiko replied. A Jock-see was an elephant-like bug-like mammal that was native to Sequetal Plains."

"Who are you calling a dung pile!"

"JUST STOP! If you don't end this feud, I am afraid that you won't have a future. Take my word for it!"

"What are you saying? You are here to destroy us if we don't," Jembere snarled.

"I don't have the power or the will to destroy anything. My world is dying from years of senseless wars. The years of fighting amongst our race destroyed our planet. Now we look to the stars for a new planet to call home. So I am begging you both to try to get along."

Both Mantiko and Jembere hear her swear a temporary truce. Joilee was happy to reduce insults for words to hostile stares between the two tribal chiefs.

A few days after covering more ground, Joilee and her travel party managed to reach the forest's edge to open grassy fields. Finally, the travel party reached the Sequetal plains.

The plains were an orange color hue, and the sky illuminated a pinkish-yellow. Joilee looked to the sky and saw the three planets into the horizon and Sierran that made the satellites appear faint in the distance. Mantiko puts his hands on Joilee's shoulder and points off in the distance. Joilee fixated her eyes in the far distance where Mantiko was pointing. Joilee observed three figures standing tall in the distance.

"Are they?"

"Sequetal people."

Joilee and her escorts walked towards the three figures in the distance. It took a fifteen-minute trek to reach the standing humanoids. The humanoid was the Sequetal tribe that lived in the grassy plains. They were dressed in a tribal wardrobe that bore geometric patterns that consisted of orange and white colors. In addition, they wore a cloth-like headdress that draped to the base of their shoulders. However, one Sequetal sentinel stood out amongst them. He was much taller, stalkier in body mass, and his presence demanded respect.