Chapter 1: Murphey's Law

"And remember..." a raven haired boy started circling around his boyfriend who rolled his eyes hands holding onto his luggage in a tight grip. "Parisian boys are not the kind you want to mess with, they'll take advantage of you and your innocence," Damian said and his brothers snickered from the side.

"Way to have faith in me Dami," Jon said rolling his eyes as Jason came up to clap him on the back.

"At least he cares about you and if you have any trouble on the mission we're only one call way got it superbrat?" Jason asked making Damian glare at him.

"You'll do fine beloved, even though the thought of spending this much time apart doesn't really sit well with me, I do have a gift for you before you go," Damian said leaving the room as Jon cocked his head to the side like a confused puppy before thinking carefully. Their relationship was still new in this light but Damian had been a lot more... prone to freaking out over the little things lately, he was super protective. It wasn't like Jon cared or anything but Damian didn't want him going on this mission and that was made clear but with Superman off world the seventeen year old had to go on this mission and if Damian didn't like that then maybe they weren't meant to be... a sigh escaped Jon shoulders deflating as he looked at Jason, Tim, and Dick who shot him the same look.

"He'll get over it, and once you're done then you can come back right as rain," Dick said seeing Jon's discomfort with Damian's whole attitude toward him leaving.

"I really hope you're right," Jon said watching as Damian came back in the room with some sort of sleek black box that had Jon's heart pounding out of his chest.

"I put all your stuff from your flip phone that you insist on having into my Drake's latest Wayne Tech phone, I don't think I could handle not seeing your face without your voice beloved," Damian said caressing Jon's face and the slightly taller but lankier teen smiled taking the phone from his boyfriend.

"I'll be careful, I promise and I'll be back as soon as I can but right now I have a flight to catch alright?" Jon asked and Damian gave him a peck on the lips before releasing the clumsy superteen from his grasp and into the limo which would be driving him to the airport.

"I know you really love him Damian but you're kind of going overboard, he's getting uncomfortable," Tim said eyes glued to his coffee mug.

"Maybe the distance will do us some good then," Damian said sighing in defeat. To be one hundred percent honest, Damian had only started dating Jon cause his family told him to get himself out there and rather than risk looking like an idiot he asked out Jon who he knew was gay.

"And if it doesn't?" Dick asked nervously worried for his brother's heart but also the younger's.

"Then we'll go back to being what we've always been, and I'll learn to live with that," Damian said before walking back inside.

Although that was the start of their relationship, Damian had actually gotten attached to Jon in a way that he never would have thought possible all those years ago when they first met. The superbaby actually found a way to get Damian to care about him on a deeper level. He still remembers the look of shock on the once sixteen year old's face when Damian asked to meet him off patrol the next day at a cafe and then showing up with blue dyed daisies, the younger's favorite having to explain to the scrawny boy that it was a date. Damian felt his lips twitch into a small smile at the memory before regaining his composure, it wasn't worth reminiscing over if Jon was going to end things. Damian just didn't want to turn into his mother. Was that too much to ask for?

Adrien watched his girlfriend get ready to leave for Gotham packing up sketch books and fabric that should have been packed the previous night had they not been distracted by an akuma.