Chapter 7: I Hear a Symphony

Jon wrung his wrists nervously standing in front of the apartment building. His text to Damian was left on read, no begging him to stay, no confirmation that they were even broken up. Jon reached into his pocket grabbing the folded piece of paper. He rung Adrien's doorbell on the door number Marinette had told him and Adrien opened the door looking at him in shock.

"Oh, hey," Adrien said hand rubbing the back of his neck nervously.

"Hey, um Marinette told me what happened, I'm really sorry about your loss," Jon said blue eyes glazed over in sadness showing Adrien he was truly sorry.

"Uh thanks, Marinette and I actually broke up last night so now I have no one to go back to the house with, did you want to come with me?" Adrien offered and Jon nodded.

"I'll be there for you," Jon said smiling lightly. The two started their trek across the city glancing at each other every now and then going to say something but both figuring it would be better to walk in silence. When they arrived at the house or more like manor Jon smiled at the familiarity of feeling less than, it wasn't a bad feeling in fact it was welcome considering how nice the Waynes were to him.

Adrien stopped as the gate opened, his father stood there welcoming him.

"Who is this, where is Marinette?" Gabriel asked confused.

"This is Jon, he's a friend. Marinette and I actually broke up last night, things just weren't working out," Adrien said to his father who's eyes softened.

"I'm sorry she wasn't the one for you Adrien, you know I'll accept whoever you love into the family with open arms my son," Gabriel said holding his son's shoulder in affection.

"Thank you father, I'm going to go show Jon to my room if that's ok?" Adrien asked and his father nodded. Adrien took Jon's hand dragging him up to his room the grand piano caught Jon's eyes first.

"You play?" Jon asked and Adrien nodded.

"Not for a while, I might be a bit rusty, my father always has me play on this day every year," Adrien said walking over and sitting down at the piano lifting the lid hands hovering over the ivory keys. "Sorry, I just don't know what to play," Adrien said and Jon reached into his pocket again and handed him the paper.

"Don't play until I tell you ok?" Jon said and Adrien nodded. Jon took a deep breath sitting atop the piano. He looked at Adrien who was studying the upcoming notes and smiled opening his mouth.

Gabriel had a good feeling about this boy Adrien had brought into his home, he seemed a lot like Adrien's previous partner. He heard a laugh and nodded to Nathalie to come up to Adrien's room with him listening in on their conversation. The boy had written a song for his son to play, just like Emilie used to do for him. Gabriel felt pain crawl into his heart along with pride, yes, this boy will do nicely. Nathalie looked at him expressing his inner emotion outward on her face, soft smile etching it's way onto her soft features. A deep breath knocked him from his thoughts. The voice of an angel started singing and Gabriel closed his eyes ready to hear what he had to say.

"I used to hear a simple song, that was until you came along. Now in its place is something new, I hear it when I look at you," Jon sang softly nodding to Adrien who started playing heart beating fast. He didn't want to mess up the masterpiece in front of him.

"With simple songs I wanted more, perfection is so quick to bore. You are more beautiful by far, our flaws are who we really are," Jon sang and Adrien felt his face turn red looking up at him. This was too much.

Gabriel looked at Nathalie who had her eyes closed just like his were previously. This boy had talent, this was the one he wanted for his son no matter what plan he had before with Lila it could be replaced, he would get his son out of here and carry out his plan as Hawkmoth without having to worry about his son being in the way and if the italian girl had a problem with it he could simply bring up her harassment record to the police. He heard his son laugh playing happy for what felt like the first time in a long time.