Chapter 9: A Story Like No Other

This is a long-ass chapter just for you @sentiwayne 

Damian was trying to keep his cool but this girl had been lying to him, had been texting him as Jon. Did she break up with him as Jon just to try and get close to him? Was his beloved still out there thinking of him?

They pulled into the driveway and Damian stomped up to the front door. Marinette followed him seeing Jason inside the house near the door.

"Damian?" Jason asked concerned for his angry younger brother who then grabbed him by the shirt collar rage burning in his eyes.

"Did you know?" Damian growled. "Did you know that she has his phone?" Damian asked using one of his hands previously holding Jason to point at the bluenette by the door. Jason's eyes followed the finger sighing seeing Marinette standing there looking disappointed in herself.

"Yeah, only cause she dropped it. I know a lot of things are running through your brain right now Damian but Jon, he broke up with you that wasn't her doing, Jon told us he wasn't feeling the relationship when he left for the mission," Jason said trying his best to comfort his brother in his time of need.

"Please let me explain Damian," Marinette said softly from the door.

"Fine," Damian responded grabbing Marinette's wrist dragging her into a sitting area off the right of the main entrance. He had a feeling this would be a long story. "Talk."

"I arrived in Gotham the day Jon was leaving, he helped me talk to a guy cause I was all flustered trying to speak English. We had lunch together before he boarded his plane. I had friends that could show him around Paris and he offered the same. We traded numbers and then when we went to leave we weren't looking and picked up the wrong phones but you changed his number so when he tried to call me from my phone it didn't work. My ex-boyfriend took a liking to him and it seemed Jon felt the same cause when we both did call we each felt guilty about a lot. We lied to each other's significant other, found out secret identities we shouldn't have, and maybe even caught feelings in the process. We both decided to wipe the board and start fresh. Jon got lucky with wooing Adrien, they deserve each other. God, I feel like such an asshole, if I never left Paris or my team then you and Jon would still be happy, Hawkmoth would be defeated, and I wouldn't have lied to you," Marinette rambled. "I'm sorry."

Damian was shocked, Marinette was a hero, she made a mistake but it was a huge mistake. Jon trusted her though, maybe there was good behind her intentions.

"I'll only forgive you if you give me time and go to Paris with me to talk this out between Jon and that other guy. I need to know the full story and we should probably be there to help them stop Hawkmoth, very irresponsible of you to leave when Jon was counting on you being there," Damian said ignoring the muttered "and we were expecting Superman" in favor of texting his father that they would be needing a plane. "Pack up, we leave in two hours," Damian said getting up leaving Marinette blinking in shock before calling an uber and rushing back to the hotel.

Once Marinette had her bags packed, she sent a quick text to Jon.

To: Marinette But Not Really

Heads up me and your ex are on our way to Paris

Jon stood on a rooftop, cape blowing in the wind staring at the text on Marinette's phone reading the same line over and over again.

"This isn't going to be pretty," Jon said to himself.

"What's not going to be purrty?" a voice asked from behind causing Jon to jump almost dropping the phone which he slid into his back pocket quickly after.

"Nothing just some ex-business," Superboy said as the other heroes joined them Pollinator, Hoodwink, and Protector.

Ok, he was seriously screwed.