Chapter 11: A Mixed Motive

A/n: I heard your calls

Damian looked at the ex-couple sitting on the couch in silence. The two looked over at him. "Where's Jon?" Marinette asked.

"I thought you were going to get him," Adrien said confused.

"He needed some time to himself," Damian said and the three sat in silence for the next ten minutes.

"Was he ok?" Adrien asked, getting concerned.

"We should go check on him," Marinette added and Damian sighed getting up. The three walked back to the rooftop and saw a note.

"Did you really think that you could sneak into Paris undetected Mr. Wayne, if you want Jon back you're going to have to bring me the miraculous of the two heroes. Signed Lex Luthor and Hawkmoth," Damian read. Adrien was freaking out and so was Marinette. The two paced around the rooftop thinking.

"We have to give them fakes to make sure Jon is safe, call Alya, Nino, and Chloe. We have to do something Jon is in trouble," Marinette said starting to breathe heavier.

"Calm down, trust me we're all freaking out right now but panicking won't help Jon, if he's with Lex Luthor then he's being used as bait for his father who Lex doesn't know if off-world. We should be getting a different list of demands soon as well being sent to the Batcave. We have to play this smart," Damian said holding Marinette's shoulder looking into her eyes which housed unshed tears. A phone rang, Damian's. He picked it up and Dick was on the other side of the phone.

"I have a list of demands from Lex Luthor, what the hell is this?" Dick asked concerned.

"Jon was taken by Hawkmoth and Lex, we're figuring it out, just send us the list so we can figure out what to do," Damian said annoyed. The call ended and a list was sent through text.

The heroes miraculous

Superman in the flesh powerless

News network to film the victory

To be king of Metropolis

"This is an impossible list, is this man crazy?" Adrien asked looking over Damian's shoulder.

"No, he's just incredibly narcissistic," Damian said starting to make some calls.

"He's going to be ok Adrien, we have to trust Damian," Marinette said sending a text to the hero group chat. "We're going to get him back."

Jon's head was pounding, he sat up and looked around confused. "This is going well Gabriel, better than I thought it would at least," Lex said, peering down at the boy before turning back to Hawkmoth.

"I had to follow him around for an entire day after my son took interest in him it was easy to see something was off."

"The Justice League had to run everything through a task system that I hired Gizmo to hack, now I owe the brat a favor."

"It doesn't matter, we have the boy now and it's obvious the heroes care about him after their rooftop conversation about their plan to stop me," Hawkmoth said and Jon's eyes widened.

"You're a sick fuck!" Jon yelled at Lex who turned back around and looked at the tied boy on the ground.

"Now how would your father feel about you using that language Jonathan. I must say I am surprised that the son of Clark and Lois Kent is a superhero but much more surprised that Clark Kent is Superman. Unless you want me to do something with that information I would suggest you shut up." Jon's eyes widened as Lex got closer and closer to him squatting down and putting a metal collar with kryptonite around his neck. Jon screamed in pain shattering all of the glass in the room before passing out. Lex looked around and Hawkmoth gasped running over to his wife who fell out of the chamber he was keeping her in.

"No no no no no no..." Hawkmoth babbled holding his wife in his arms. Lex just stood in front of the boy curious.

"I've never seen something like this before, his powers should have been drained," Lex said tilting the boy's chin up to get a better view at his neck. "Perhaps we should keep him even after the demands are met."

"You fool, my wife will die!" Hawkmoth said cradling the body.

"Then those heroes better hurry," Lex said dragging Jon by the back of his shirt to the elevator. "You my boy, are going to be my greatest creation yet."

"Pick up, pick up," Kara said into her phone standing next to Connor and Clark.

"Hey it's Jon I can't come to the phone right now leave a message at the beep."

"Dammit!" Kara yelled stomping the ground. "Where is he?" Bruce and Dick walked into the room.

"Any luck reaching Damian?" Clark asked.

"We got a list of demands for Jon's return," Dick said. "Lex Luthor has him, there's no chance his identity is intact or yours."

"We have to get him back," Connor said running a hand through his hair.

"The kid has a plan," Dick said to Connor.

"Yeah his plans go so well," Kara said sarcastically.

"Calm down, we need to be there just in case things go wrong, we're dealing with two terrorists here," Dick said and Connor took a deep breath.

"What's the plan?"