Chapter 6: The Deal Is On

The panic that ran through Jon's veins when he saw an unnamed number calling Marinette's phone which Alya told him to answer in case it was the owner of the phone herself turned ice cold when he heard her voice over the speaker.

"Damian, he's an interesting character," Marinette piped up breaking the silence.

"Is he now?" Jon asked sitting down.

"He's invested in you," Marinette said hopeful. "I wish Adrien was that way with me, it seems like he's giving up on us before we've even really started," Marinette added and Jon looked down at the wooden table studying the grain pattern tracing it with his fingers.

"Don't say that, he loves you," Jon said and Alya looked at his curious.

"And how would you know that Superboy? Is that one of your senses or something?" Marinette said suddenly, angry. Jon's face turned sheet white and he muted himself on the call.

"Could we get some privacy?" Jon asked and Alya nodded getting up and closing the door. Once he was sure she was gone no longer hearing her heartbeat he unmuted himself.

"How did you..." Jon started and Marinette's bitter laugh cut him off.

"It all clicked after seeing your wallpaper, cheery likable boy who just so happens to be going to Paris at the same time Superman is, I'm guessing that Superman isn't going to even show, they sent someone who isn't prepared to take on a terrorist," Marinette spat.

"I'll have you know my father is off world and I've bested him before Marinette, I'm the world's most deadly untrained weapon, people have come back from the past to try and kill me, Damian's brother Tim tried to have me killed cause I'm a ticking time bomb, I'm sorry ok, it's not like you're even here with your team Ladybug," Jon said and the two just sat there in silence.

"I'm sorry Jon, I shouldn't have said that," Marinette said sounding disappointed in herself.

"You have every right to be mad at me," Jon said and Marinette let out a choked sob. "Mari?" Jon asked.

Marinette looked down at her sheets, tears spilling out of her eyes at a rapid rate, he wouldn't help her after she told him but he had to know. "Jon, I need you to know something but please help my team, they did nothing wrong," Marinette said biting her lip.

"Of course Mari," Jon said voice soft and comforting.

"I met Damian, Jason knows I have your phone and I'm going to be honest here, I think I'm in love," Marinette said and Jon laughed.

"With Jason?" Jon asked before more laughter came through the speaker.

"No," Marinette's reply was simple and Jon seemed to get the point cause his laughter stopped almost immediately.

"Oh, ok," Jon said. "I um have something to tell you too," Jon added.

"Ok," Marinette said nervously.

"I got some texts from Adrien, he um, he likes me, Jon me," Jon said and Marinette smiled slightly.

"Oh, good, it's good he's moving on," Marinette said and a sigh from the other side made her smile widen. The next few words were obviously chosen carefully.

"Is it bad that I may like him back?" Jon asked and it took everything in Marinette not to cheer.

"No, not at all, you're heroic and believe in good Jon, that's his thing, he likes you because you're his type. I'm not," Marinette said comforting the boy.

"I need you to know that I'm fine with you liking Damian, I don't even think I liked him like that in the first place, I needed space, that was part of the reason I came here," Jon said and Marinette hmed believing him. Damian did seem invested in him. "I have a deal for you, I'll fly over to Gotham in an hour and pick up my phone and you get yours we break up with our boyfriends and we comfort the other's hopefully getting them to fall in love with us," Jon said and Marinette giggled.