Chapter 4: Turtles and Dinner Dates

Pollinator and Hoodwink glared at Chat as they jumped through the city chasing after the akumatized Lila.

Jon watched in bewilderment as Nino's hand tightened on his wrist dragging him through back alleyways in the opposite direction. "Nino, where are we going? Alya, Chloe, and Adrien are still back at the cafe," Jon asked pulling back against Nino's grip.

"It's better to split up during attacks trust me," Nino said trying to come up with an excuse praying that Jon didn't see through it.

Alya looked at the earrings in her hands sighing, she would either have to put them in now or come back later and deal with the butterfly and akumatized object in order to use the lucky charm. She could always use a mirage.

"I am Myth Weaver and I make lies become reality! Adrien Agreste will love me," Weaver said waving a wand in the air and Chat's eyes widened before extending his staff out to her stopping the motion.

"Don't let her cast any more spells," Chat said and the girls rolled their eyes.

"Yeah, we'll try," Hoodwink said putting in the earrings not unifying yet but casting a perfectly planned mirage.

Marinette looked at Jon's phone sighing as a text from Jason showed up.

From Jason Todd
What hotel are you staying at?
B wants to have you over for dinner
He didn't think that I could make friends
How rude is that?

Marinette rolled her eyes before typing back.

To Jason Todd
Who's B? And I'm staying at Wayne Suites Hotel.

Marinette tucked the phone back into her purse before looking up to see Audrey walking toward her arms open before pulling her into a hug. "Marinette darling, let me show you the ropes of business ownership. I know that if there is one designer out there who can surpass Gabriel and his dreadful white collection it's you. Don't tell anyone but I'm getting a bit too old for the drama and I must go back and visit my daughter at some point. This is our Jersey studio make yourself at home," Audrey said before running over to someone and yelling at them.

"I'll do my best," Marinette mumbled out before reaching for the phone in her purse.

From Jason Todd
B is complicated but he's Damian's dad and Damian is Jon's boyfriend, remember? One would think you'd want to meet the guy you texted right? Get to know him a bit

Marinette snorted, it was like Jason was trying to set them up or something, she exited the app before thinking. This was Jon's boyfriend and Jon was nice, she wouldn't want him to... no wait that wouldn't be so bad. If Jon texted Adrien as her and she texted Damian as him then maybe they could fix any problems in their relationships, or at least her problems. She reopened the app typing aggressively.

To Jason Todd
Be there at five.

From Jason Todd
You're not going to regret this

"Oh yes I am," Marinette said to herself as Audrey came back and started guiding her through the building.

Jon's eyes widened as a huge rock came flying at him. Sure Jon was used to danger, in fact he chased is for fun but he really wasn't expecting an akuma on his first day in Paris. He actually wasn't expecting any of this to be honest.

"No!" Nino yelled running back toward him. "Wayzz, shell on!" Nino called out being enveloped in green and taking a shell off his back before jumping in front of Jon blocking the rock which shattered to millions of pieces on impact. Nino breathed out a sigh of relief keeled over before turning back to Jon who's eyes were bulging out of his face.

"Oh my Rao, what are you Sailor Moon or some shit?" Jon asked gesturing to Nino freaking out.

"You can't tell anyone, promise me you won't tell anyone," Nino said grabbing Jon's shoulders shaking him viciously.

"Yeah, as long as you answer a couple of questions for me," Jon said and Nino nodded. "Who are you? When and where are you meeting Superman?" Jon asked and Nino looked confused.

"They call me Protector and we're meeting Superman in a day at midnight on the Eiffel Tower. How did you know we were meeting with Superman?" Protector asked.

"I'm a reporter's son and I lived in Metropolis, it's how I was raised, to follow Superman wherever he goes and get every bit of information out of the situation. I just wanted to get some pictures for my parents," Jon said waving Protector's question off easily. Suddenly ladybugs were flying around everywhere and they fixed the rock.

"Ladybug fixed everything, we should go meet back up with the others," Nino said back in his regular clothes. Something seemed off, the others were so sure that Nino could keep him safe, Adrien's name in Marinette's phone is chaton, there's four friends who all look somewhat similar to the heroes. Jon smirked to himself, he found the heroes of Paris and now he would be able to see Paris' situation from a whole new angle.

Marinette stood outside her hotel in a black dress with pink flowers crawling along the hem, hair pulled into a half ponytail, pink high heels, and a white purse with a trick pocket phone tucked in carefully along with the mouse miraculous. A fancy car pulled up in front of her and the window was lowered and Jason called out to her.

Marinette was terrified, she had figured out earlier that she would be dining with the batfamily from photos on Jon's phone and Damian being Robin and Jon being Superboy. She also knew that she was in a car with a murderer but if anything bad happened she always had her training and Mullo up her sleeve, she would be able to shock him enough to get out of any bad situation. Jason did seem harmless enough though and she had read up on the news and it seemed that Red Hood had turned over a new leaf.

"We're here," Jason said rousing her from her thoughts as he opened his door walking around the car to open hers helping her out. She looked up and her eyes widened at the house, no manor, in front of her.

"You live here?" Marinette asked. The place was bigger than Gabriel's.

"Yup, now come on we have dinner to get to," Jason said smiling walking up the front steps and Marinette quickly followed.

Damian was not thrilled about the family dinner that was called this morning. Jason seemed insistent that the whole family meet his new friend. He just wanted the whole thing to be over so he could talk to Jon, hopefully his beloved would be up by then. He had to fight the Joker the previous night and couldn't text him back but he didn't want Jon to be worried or anything, he hoped the younger wasn't mad at him.

Damian adjusted his shirt thinking, Jason had made a friend, a friend who he thought was worth the family dinner treatment. She couldn't be his girlfriend, Jason never said he broke up with Roy so who was this girl? Damian shook his head before walking down the stairs and saw Jason and his friend, she was too good for Jason and Jason was in no way worth her time.

Marinette stared at the boy before her, this was Damian? She felt guilt crawl through her chest. He's in a relationship, he's in a relationship, he's in a... holy shit he's hotter in person. Marinette couldn't help but admire him for a moment before remembering he was a hot asshole.

Coughing roused the three from their thoughts as Alfred stood in the doorway smiling. "Dinner is almost ready," Alfred said and Jason nodded in the direction of the dining room letting Marinette go first. She walked into the room and eight pairs of eyes settled on her.

"Welcome to Wayne Manor," Jason said and Marinette gulped grasping her purse, just one dinner.