Call me Oto-San

The last weeks had been crazy for the two of them, fun, happy, but also stressful. Now they were a family, so they had to be organised in all ways. That meant no more Netflix and Chill, no more entire days of cuddling. And what Ranpo missed the most,no more casual trips to candy stores.

Edgar and Ranpo had recently traveled to the United States just to adopt a Japanese orphan there, and now they were here. Kim was a happy and cute girl, yet by her three almost four years old she was pretty catched up. And just like her father, she was a little bratty, especially when it came to speaking her language. -Edgar!This is so unfair!-He pouted, embracing his husband, while holding his daughter by the hand.

-Kim, You're born in Japan honey, you know the language, could you please talk to us in japanese?-, the girl looked deep into the detective's eyes yet mentally she replied with a 'no!'-Edgar, you're the one that speaks English, please explain it to her-. Ranpo was frustrated. Was it that the girl didn't like him? Or did she only want to talk to Edgar because he's American?

He glared down and released her daughter's hand, he silently walked up to the main room, leaving his husband cooking in the kitchen with the kid.The first week he thought he was just fine for Edgar to translate to him, maybe Kim wasn't still adapted to Japan, since she was transferred to America when she was a newborn, but now it was just making him feel lonely. He jumped into the bed letting a couple tears fall, he hugged the pillow, remembering that last fun night he had the day before picking up Kim. They were happy memories, so in a couple minutes he was already sound asleep, Karl snuggled by his side.

Was Edgar happy? Of course he was. He was married to the man he loved, a great job, great friends, and now.. He had a daughter, which was kind of difficult, but even though he had just met her he already loved her. But the only thing he didn't enjoy was seeing Ranpo so frustrated, and he kind of comprehended him-Kim, dear, can we talk for a moment?-, He shifted to English. The girl stood up from the playing mat she was just playing on-Yes, sir?-The male sighed-Two things, I'm your father, you perfectly call me dad... And you know, your other father, he doesn't know English, just so you know, he is getting sad because he can't understand or talk with you, just as if you were ignoring him. And let me tell you, he has desired to have you for years, don't you want him happy?-.

The black haired girl's eyes widen, her eyes tear a little, yet Edgar dropped everything and picked her up-Hey, hey don't cry please..-He held the girl and wiped off her tears-Japanese is complicated!-She cries, his dad caressing his eyelids-Dear you're just a kid you're not supposed to speak perfectly.. -Poe chuckles, he walks up to their sofa. Followed by him sitting the child on his lap. He was so glad that it wasn't the case where Kim disliked Ranpo, that would be terrible-I don't know Japanese perfectly, either. So, let's learn together, ok?-Kim nods, she smiles widely, her small eyes enclose even more than they are naturally. A chirp is heard, it's Karl who apparently came back from the room, where Ranpo was just waking up.

The room was silent, the bright sunlight from the window made him furrow his eyes. The door slams open, the room's walls sound and tremble-K-Kim, careful!-Edgar stutters, rushing to the girl who came running from the living room-Oto-San!Oto-San-, Ranpo tries to take his glasses, his eyes widen as he heard those words, they made him so damn happy-W-What did she say?-And if he were talking to her she jumped on the bed-Oto-san, I said oto-san!-, followed by the little girl embracing his father. Such a cute view for Edgar, he spoke with Ranpo by stares. As if saying 'oh my god she called me dad!'. He could see it in the boy's excited stare.

-Ok this definitely deserves a trip to the candy store!-The detective announced, both his and Kim's eyes went Poe's direction.
-Take the keys because I'm overloading on sugar tonight!-. The taller man remained silent for a second before he could process everything-N-No Ranpo-kun, Fukuzawa said that if I let you give Kim candy before she's six he'll behead me!-. Ranpo smiles, he carries the girl on his arm, crawling up to him and kisses him on the cheek-Edgar, we have Yosano for that, now to the Candy store!-.

Was Edgar Allan Poe going to survive? Who knows