Edgar, The Letter Man

October 1st

The long hallways have always been tiring, yet somehow today it feels different, not tiring, it may be the lack of energy in my body, three days, three days and they've felt like an eternity, I'd love that it was only that. You used to say you were undefeatable, no human could stop, I was just an imbecile to believe too much into that. I miss you
-Edgar, your husband.

October 2nd

It's funny how Saturdays are so different now. You always woke up with a bright smile, rhinestone eyes, and adorable messy hair. We fought more than once because you wanted to continue to sleep cuddled by my side, while I simply wanted to finish a manuscript. I'm an idiot, I should have listened, I should have used those hours;to touch you, hold you, feel the warmth in your body. But now, I'm alone, with nobody by my side.
-Edgar,your soulmate.

October 3rd

Today was different, for the first time I had a proper conversation with Fukuzawa, can I say your father? Can I still see him as a step-dad? For once I stared at his eyes, even though what he saw were the tears from my cracking eyes, he was able to see my heart shattered in pieces. But I wasn't just simply crying because I felt like it, it was because I had just received your ring, he took it from you before you were buried. Our ring, the one I gave you that day by the shore. The day you screamed at the sea that you wouldn't let it take me away from you. The day I fell in love with you for the millionth time. I have the ring on my hand right now, It's still sticky from all those times you dipped your hand in a bag of greasy chips. Though I told to take it off meanwhile, you kept saying <<It's greasy, so what? Why would I disconnect myself from my soulmate because of it?>> Did you mean it? Do you really think a piece of metal can hold us together forever? Because if you do, then I will hold on to it as if it were my life.
-Edgar, the one you're connected to.

October 5th

This afternoon both Minoura and Mushitarou came by. Karl was quite aggressive with them at first, he might think he needs to protect me at this point. Minoura gave me condolences on behalf of the entire police department. You're the famous detective, Ranpo Edogawa. Of course they remember you. Apparently from now on I have full protection from them as a gift, I can always call. But I know for sure I will be fine, at least I try to believe it. Mushitarou chatted more with me after Minoura left. He wanted to know if I wanted for him to stay with me for some days, to give me company. Yet the only company I need is you, I need you, Ranpo. Please come back.
-Edgar,your companion.

October 10th

I left the Guild, I'm not going back. Fitzgerald came by along with Margaret, they were trying their best to don't make me panic, I could see it in their eyes, yet I knew why they came. The United States may be the place I was born, however, before coming to Japan, I was empty, lonely, and I hated myself. You were my light. Like a candle, that once was an irrelevant piece of string, was covered in wax, now I became a gorgeous candle, lighting in fire. My heart was fire in love with you. But time's over, you've melted away. And once more, I'm empty, lonely, nevertheless now and never I will forgive myself. I wasn't able to protect you like I once promised, I didn't deserve your love.
-Edgar, The simpleton you loved.

October 20th

Tomorrow's your day. I love you Ranpo.
-Edgar.

October 21st

Happy 27th Birthday, Dear. This morning, Karl chose the sweetest cake for you, chocolate with strawberry and it has a bunch of cream and colors, you would love it. I didn't take any slices, that's all for you. I bought some roses, left them on your table seat.
Last year you said this birthday would be your favourite, I still don't know why, but wherever you are, even if you can't see this, I hope you are the happiest.
-Edgar, the one you belong to, please come back.