Till Moon For You

Ranpo was seated on his desk,his feet on the table, just a normal day in the Agency. A hell-hole for him, but the hope of seeing the man he loved again made him wake up everyday. It had already been three months since Edgar had to go back to the United States.
After a while, he had woken from his sleep, he walked up to the President's office. They needed to have a word.

Once he knocked and was let in, the white haired man received him with a suspicious stare-Fancy seeing you waiting for your turn, Ranpo-kun-, The detective chuckled, right before a Katana was held against his throat-Who are you and what did you do to my kid?-.Yukichi looked serious, Ranpo raised his hands up-Fukuzawa-kun! It's me, I wanted to ask you something in a serious manner. The older man arched his eyebrow-Go on? -He replies, sitting back on his big chair.

-I've worked here for twelve years, twelve years! How come I've never had a proper vacation?-, Ranpo stated, a huge pout on his lips. The albino sighs and takes his hands to his temple -Maybe because every day you spend here is a vacation for you...-. He fixes his glasses and points with two fingers-twelve days! One day for each year I've dedicated to the Agency!-. The President's glare on his. The detective had never requested such things, but at this point, the man couldn't deny that his subordinate had never gotten a rest-You're going to America, am I wrong?-'' Ranpo was dumbfounded. Was it noticeable? Nah, it was just obvious. If it were that he hadn't looked up for plane tickets on the Agency's computer and left the tab open, it would have been a harder guess, but Fukuzawa knew him too well.

-t-twelve days I said!-, The president did find this funny. After all, it was someone who was almost like his son they were talking about. Plus he knew this trip was about Poe, whose relationship Ranpo truly believes he has kept secret, The president knew everything. He sighs for the last time-It's okay, just don't buy candy at the airport, those things are always over prized, you hear me?-.

And here he was, at the exit of an airport with no idea how to move around the city. He ended up waving to a taxi and claimed to take him to Manhasset security, which was where Atsushi told him Poe was most likely to be according to Lucy.

As he stepped out of the car after paying, it was unusual. It looked like a simple police station, not the Manhasset Security. Ranpo pouted, he had no clue where he was now, in a whole different continent, and was just scammed with his last 200 dollars.-Why is everything so expensive?-,He kicked a can bottle that was laying on the sidewalk.

He stepped in the station, maybe he could get instructions there. But when he asked, the only responses he got were useless, and half of them were incomprehensible since the people were talking way too fast and he was still new in English.

He stepped out of there and walked around for a couple hours until his feet were hurting and the time zone change hit him. The detective only had with him his returning flight ticket and a backpack with a couple spare clothes, he had also forgotten his phone on the taxi, so it was almost pointless to look around for a hotel, he didn't have a penny.

-They say sleep cures everything!-, And even if he was laying in the middle of New York, on a bench, he laid soundly and had his nap.

A screaming sound from far away woke him up. It seemed to be a female voice. It was a fresh and sunny day. He walked up to find a street full of policemen, in what seemed to be a crime scene-My lord, Robert!-. The owner of the previous voice holding a body of a man, Ranpo guessed it was the so-called Robert.

The lady came fancily dressed, two golden necklaces hanging from her neck, nice makeup, and a white bodycon pencil end dress-What happened here ma'am?-, the few officers asked, barely doing anything. The man looked dead.-We were going to sign some papers and suddenly from nowhere a shot hit him-, The detective walked up to her, kneeling to her level and taking a glare to the body.