Nabari Days

It was Monday and Ranpo and Poe had their own different schedules. The poet took advantage of his day-off to do some cleaning while his boyfriend was working at the agency. He was dusting-off some dirt from his office, specifically the big library at the end of the room.

He didn't imagine finding a messy pile of books on the ground. One of them caught his attention.

A thick book he recognized, he had gifted it to Ranpo so he could create his own world inside it. He didn't want to snoop, but Edgar went for an overview. Unluckily, his hand slipped through the paper, and his ability was triggered. In a blink of an eye, Poe found himself in what seemed to be a beautiful Cherry Blossom garden, a citron shade of grass and fresh breeze covering the place.

Edgar saw his hands were now smaller, his legs shorter. It was clear he had shifted back at least ten years, since a long strand of hair went down his back. Why would he turn into a child? Was he included in this story?
- Ranpo! Dinner's ready - A woman came up to his view. Her eyes were emerald green and her hair messily curled down her back. It reminded him of his lover.

He stood, and the lady got to see him, there was shock in her eyes.- Who are you? What did you do to my son? - She yelled, while Edgar glared shocked- Mom? What are you doing? -, A small figure screamed at the distance, it seemed to be a boy Poe would recognize anywhere.

Ranpo, his boyfriend, in what seemed to be in his early teens, was the one who was running from the forest.

Edgar could recognize him pretty easily, it was almost as if he hadn't grown up. The exact same pointy messy hair, flawless skin, and a pair of green orbs that anyone would hypnotize in. He was a little perturbed to be attracted by those features when it's about a child, he wasn't a pedophile.

- My name's Edgar, Edgar Allan Poe, I was just..passing by and got lost? -The poet suddenly said as an excuse. At the same time, the black haired boy reached the garden, finally arriving at the scene

- Do you know where your parents are? This is a deserted area, nobody comes by -. Once more, he lied- Eh, I-I am an o-orphan, I have no family, so I've been on the move for some t-time -The boy who just arrived tapped his shoulder
- Then we will be your family! -, the boy smiled widely, and helped him stand up.-

As the writer was invited in for dinner, he found himself seated in a big and fancy dining room, along with Mr and Mrs Edogawa, and their son Ranpo Edogawa.
The three of them are quietly eating a Red bean porridge each. Poe thought it was quite unusual to see that Ranpo was quiet in his childhood- Ranpo, did you solve the crime from that last book I gave you? -Mr Edogawa asked the boy- It was the Mayor, a pretty easy case if you ask me -.

Edgar waited for the amazing explanation that always amazed him when he discussed a case with his lover. Yet both the two adults only nodded and continued eating
- W-Why the mayor? -The poet dared to ask, shyly. And at the same time the three of them replied- It was just obvious -Followed by a cute giggle from the green eyed boy.

- Poe-kun, want some mochi? -the kid next to him showed him a mochi in a spoon. It reminded him of his real Ranpo, he would always leave the mochi and offer it to him - apparently, that was a lifetime thing.

- Not sweet enough? - Poe asked, smiling, that last memory always makes him happy- Yes! So tasteless, yuck! - The black haired pouted, his mother's hand tapped his
- Manners, sweety, and elbows off the table!-, the woman corrected him, the boy nodded and fixed himself.

- If you don't want to eat it, I can have it, it's fine-, Once the brunette spoke, the father interrupted him- No, you little mister, eat all your food-. Edgar held back, it actually shocked him, all he had heard from Ranpo about his parents was that they were just as intelligent as him, he hadn't expected them to be so.. Elegant?