The Day I Met Karl

Throughout this year, it can be highlighted in bright red letters, with hearts? No—that's cheesy.
But, Poe is cheesy, he finds amusing how today, January 19th, he sits at his house's library, warm and fuzzy. A pair of arms surrounding his dorso, and those belong to..his rival?

Today, he was awoken with the sound of love comment, a way too sugar loaded cake— which the other would devour rather than himself —Ranpo and Karl(that's what the detective said at least) had invited him for dinner tonight, and now were checking the place finding supposedly memories, that Ranpo wanted to take a look at.

"Hey..How do you celebrate your birthday? Like before meeting me" Ranpo asked, making the poet hum.

"Well, it's not that I celebrated my birthday, It was something else, much more important to me" He smiled and gave a pat to his raccoon pet that sat on his lap.

"Something more important than your birth?! Come on, love" He made an emphasis on the last word while turning the page of the photo album.

"Of course, when my birth, it was only the day I came to the world lonely, but it was my 18th birthday..."

"So..?"

"I got to meet my lifetime partner" His smile gleamed happily, he was not facing the brown haired, yet his deductive skills acted that second.

Ranpo sat up, quitting laying down behind the poet and hung his head over Poe's shoulder.

"You mean Karl?"

"Of course I mean Karl" Edgar pouted, because wasn't it obvious. "I met him when I tried stealing from a restaurant's dumpster after running away"Karl chirped, nudging his fingers and the man closed the album for a moment.

"I left home the day I turned 18, since I would already be able to get a decent job. '' Poe made apostrophes with his fingers, as if being a member of a sort of ilegal organization for millions of yen wasn't decent.

"I didn't know you had met him then" Poe sided his head, now glaring right close-up his sight.

"Then, now you know" Edgar mumbled, Ranpo frowned, like how is this man so freaking dense?

"W-what's the matter?" He questioned, not catching up to the obvious.

"So I am not your lifetime partner?"Poe reacted with his lips a small ah. He chuckled with a pinkish tint covering his cheeks

"You are.. Something else"

"So-Who?"

"My..."

"Your..? What- your dearest?"

Poe bursted out in laughter, making him stroke his belly as it had made it hurt. He reenacted and smiled, to later bring his right hand that was not holding his own weight to Ranpo's cheek.

"Yes, you are my dearest, but.." Edgar slowly brought their faces closer, making their noses and foreheads touch. Ranpo also lifted his hand and held the one laying on his face and brought the two pairs of lips together.

"You are also my soul partner"

🎉 You've finished reading ʀᴀɴᴘᴏᴇ ᴏɴᴇꜱʜᴏᴛꜱ ∞ [𝙳𝚒𝚜𝚌𝚘𝚗𝚝𝚒𝚗𝚞𝚎𝚍] 🎉