2

Next chapter! Enjoy this chapter, much love, and happy readings!

"Meredith?" Amelia said while knocking on her bedroom door. Nothing. It had been another week since they had found Meredith in the parking lot. She was just getting worse and worse. She couldn't comprehend anything and she had a lot of flu-like symptoms. She hadn't left any surgery's mid-operation but the second she would scrub out she would race to an on-call room.

Flashback

Meredith had just finished scrubbing in a heart liver transplant with Maggie, a heart liver transplant! That is an amazing surgery. She hadn't left in the middle but she could feel her mind-twisting. The second she got in the scrub room she scrubbed quickly, rough. Her hand was scrubbed raw and it broke out into a bleed. She was shaking her head rapidly every couple of minutes and Maggie was just watching in concern.

The second she was done she had made the same path as before and rushed to an on-call room. This time making sure it was empty and didn't contain her sister. There she finally broke down. Lightly smacking her head with her palm while pacing back and forth, left foot, right foot, left foot, turn. Repeating that over and over.

The room was shaking, it was turning upside down and spinning. Like she was in a funhouse at the carnival. Just not as fun. It was dreadful. She let out a light whimper while gripping the upper bunk of the bed and smacking it as hard as possible, feeling a slight sting in her fingertips.

"Meredith? Meredith, what are you doing?" Maggie said concerned after she had followed her sister into the on-call room. She wasn't planning to go inside but when she heard a loud whimper followed by the sound of a bed hitting against the wall she got worried. Meredith took a step back at the sound of her voice and her breathing only quickened more.

"There's- something is going on in my brain, Maggie. P- please! I need- I need out- I can't... I can't.." she stumbled backward and her butt came in contact with a small wooden table. She jumped up and stepped away like she was scared of everything. He backed up to a wall with her hand behind her, leaning on it immensely, her other hand scratching at her chest as her breathing felt constricted.

"Okay.. okay I'm here Meredith, what do you need??" Maggie panicked while stepping forward. She gripped her shoulder and Meredith flinched, but Maggie only gripped harder. Her skin was sticky like she was sweating. And Meredith could feel her heart beating in her chest. Faster and faster.

"I- I need... I need out." She skittered. She was crying deeply now, her eyes were wide and bouncing around the room. She felt Maggie push her to the floor and sit next to her. Meredith leaned into her shoulder deeply while Maggie stroked her hair. She squeezed her eyes and opened them. Nothing. She repeated that at least 5 times before she opened them and the world wasn't shaking. She blinked a few times, her eyesight was blurry, almost fuzzed over. Her breathing calmed all the way, and now when she realized she was out of it she broke down into sobs, tears coming out like fire hydrants, silent tears but you could hear her sniffle slightly as her face was forced into the nook of her sister's neck.

"Thank you." She whispered into her sister's neck. Maggie just silenced her and twirled her hair in her fingers. She never expected to be sitting on the floor hugging her sister but she was and she was confused, to say. But happy to help.

"You're okay?" She questioned as Meredith pulled away and looked up at her.

"I- I- I don't know.." she whispered. Maggie nodded. Rubbing her shoulder, giving her time to think.
"I think- I think something is wrong, Maggie." She whispered. Her eyes were still shaking almost, her pupils rapidly moving around the room and shaking back and forth.