6

Enjoy the chapter! It's not super long but it'll do, I've got a lot of ideas for the future so be prepared. Much love and happy readings!

Meredith woke up quickly, sitting up and looking around the room. The clock read it was already noon and light was seeping through the window. It was the most sleep she had gotten in a while.

She took a deep breath while staggering up, her mind was bouncing again. She groaned while opening the window as the sun pushed against her brain. She leant forward while resting her forehead on the windowsill. She was tired of all this.

She looked to her bedside table to see a note with a glass of water and some pills. The note read to take the médecine once she was awoken. Meredith stared at the pills before taking them gingerly.

She felt them swish into her stomach and slowly walking out of the room, trudging down the steps slowly as the left side of her body felt numb almost.

She could hear laughter and giggling from the living room, remembering that it was a Saturday that both Amelia and Maggie had off.

"Your turn Bailey!" Zola shouted happily. Meredith reached the bottom of the steps and turned straight to the kitchen, ignoring the four in the living space.

"Morning Mer." Maggie smiled. Meredith looked up and have a half-hearted smile herself as she prepared herself a cup of coffee.

She stared blankly at the wall, her eyes red as her mind focused on all the different sounds around her. The chirping of birds out the window, the laughter of her two children, the dribble of the coffee as the machine buzzed.

Meredith shook her head light and squeezed her eyes shut. Pouring some cream into her fresh cup of coffee while sipping it slowly.

She walked into the living room and sat on the couch in front of her family. The others sat on the floor around the coffee table, playing uno.

"Morning momma, wanna play?" Zola questioned while fiddling with the large cards in her small hands.

"No, no. It's alright sweetheart." Meredith smiled lightly while looking down at the playing table. Her mind couldn't remember the game they were playing. Ink. She knew it was but she didn't know how to play. Her mind was to cloudy to remember.

She took a slow breath while closing her eyes, sipping her liquid slowly. This medication, it was supposed to help. It didn't help. It was making her crazy. She shook her head while scrunching her nose.

It's the pills.

Someone was talking to her.

They are bad.

They're right.

Their poisoning you.

The pills...

Do you want to die?

Nobody wants to die.

You have to stop taking them.

I have to keep taking them.

Stop.

Stop.

Stop.

"Stop!" Meredith shouted while standing up. The others looked at her immediately as she stomped to the kitchen and slammed her cup into the sink. Gripping the counter harshly.

That's right. Just stop.

"Shut up! Shut up, shut up, shut up!" She shouted while hitting her head harshly.