4

"Meredith! Open the door." Amelia shouted while pounding harshly against the locked door with her fist. She was banging profusely from the hallway in worry. Why did Meredith lock the door? Something was wrong. She heard something heavy hit the floor.
"Cmon Mer." She shouted while body checking her hip into the side of the still locked door.

"God Damnit if I have to break this door down I will!" She shouted again, her yelling was useless though. She needed something to open the door now. They didn't have any keys that she knew of so forcing this door down was the only option. Quickly walking into her room next door, searching for anything. Finally just picking a wooden chair, hoping it would work.

She walked back to her door and collided the chair with it overt and over. Listening to the crackle of wood not knowing if it was the door or the chair. Suddenly one of the legs broke off the chair though, to reveal not even a dent in the door.

"Damnit." Amelia muttered with tears filling up her eyes, tossing the chair at the door once again. She new that plan was stupid. She shook her own head while practically running down the steps to grab her phone.

She saw that she had 4 missed calls from Derek, understandably with her hanging up so abruptly. She ignored his requests for video chat and scrolled straight to Maggie's number pressing the button instantly. She knew they were still in meeting but phones were kept on them for emergency.

"Please pick up.. please pick up..." Amelia whispered while pacing slightly, she was in a hurry.

"Amelia?" Maggie finally picked up, after multiple rings. Amelia sighed with relief.

"Maggie! I need help, Meredith is locked in her room and won't open the door I- I don't know what to do." Amelia was now crying slightly, you could here the tears through the strain in her voice. She left out the part including the large thump not wanted to worry Maggie too much while she was at work

"Okay, okay. Did you check the garage to see if Derek has any tools?" Maggie said with concern rifling in her voice.

"No I didn't, I just don't know what to do." Amelia whispered. She could hear a collective sigh emerge on the other side of the phone.

"Check the garage, I'm on my way." Maggie spoke before hanging up immediately. Amelia wiped her eyes and set down her phone with a sigh, making her way towards the two car garage.

Maggie hung up the phone and re-entered the conference room, the meeting was nearing its end but still had a ways to go. She looked deep into Alex's eyes, just staring, Alex got the memo.

"Bailey I have to go, I'll come in tomorrow." She said aloud, but bothering to whisper before exiting quickly, not hearing another word from 1Bailey. Just focusing on getting home as soon as possible.

Amelia rummaged through the neatly organized garage shelf's, searching for a tool box, they surely had one, Derek built this house mostly himself. She rummaged quickly, before finally finding a legal brown box, looking like a tool box.

"Gotcha." She smiled while opening it up, looking through it she was only finding smaller wrenches and screwdrivers. She continued to rummage across the shelves before finding the larger tools, like saws, hammers, and a crowbar. She grabbed the crowbar and raced back into the house, immediately going for the durable door that Meredith was on the other side of.

She grunted as she pulled and twisted, trying to wedge the stubborn door open. It wasn't budging.

"God Damnit," she grunted while using all her force on the door for who knows how long.
She pulled even harder and finally heard a click, she immediately dropped the metal tool and banged her hip into the door to open it all the way, going in a constant motion while entering the room.