Chapter Four: Coconut Rum & Bad Decisions

Liz leaned against the wall with her arms crossed watching Leila and Namjoon sitting next to eachother on the couch. Broad smiles were present on both of their faces as they chatted away.

"This is so stupid." She muttered. Leila was very much wasting her time again.

"Mhm." A deep voice sounded from beside her.

She looked to her left to find a dark haired guy with his arms crossed and watching just as she had been. Google told her his name was V. Under other circumstances she might've been awestruck by these beautiful men but tonight she was cautious. She had to be because Leila wasn't. So far they seemed harmless enough. They'd simply waved and smiled from their seats when Namjoon introduced them.

"They're like teenagers." She added.

"Stupid." He said shaking his head.

"Stupid." Liz echoed.

"Beer?" He asked holding up a closed bottle to her but neither of them really taking their eyes off the pair. They were like parent chaperones at senior prom both making sure their kids were safe.

"Yeah, sure, what the hell." Liz grabbed the bottle from his hand and they both took a seat at the table beside them.
*

"I'm glad you made it." Namjoon said to Leila. They were turned towards eachother so close their knees were almost touching. He felt nervous and giddy all at once. His palms were clammy and his heart was beating a mile a minute. "I hope it wasn't too much trouble."

Leila leaned her head side to side in a way of saying 'kind of'. "I made it though. Might not have a job come tomorrow morning but I made it!"

Namjoon felt really bad now. "Seriously?" Her sister's words echoed in his mind.

We don't have millions to fall back on.

He made a mistake asking her to come over but he couldn't help it. He felt like he was in high school again when Leila was around. His hands got sweaty, his head too foggy to come up with a clear thought, he was surprised he could even form a coherent sentence.

"No, I'm kidding." She reassured him but she was lying. She never should've made the comment but nerves were getting the better of her.

Leila could very well lose her job if they found out what she was doing. Hell, both her and Lizzy could. She just hoped tonight would be worth the risk.

Namjoon gave her a lopsided grin and stared down at his lap. Silence grew between them, neither of them knowing how to navigate the awkward moment.

"I'm sorry about my sister by the way. She insisted in tagging along in case you murdered me or something."

"No worries, I understand." He laughed "Uhm, would you like something to drink? I think we have wine or something around here. "

The answer should've been no. She knew the answer should've been no because Leila never made smart decisions when she had alcohol on her system. Then again, being here already wasn't a smart decision. She wasn't privy to the possibility of how the night might end.

"Sure, thanks."

Leila watched as Namjoon stood from the couch, her eyes following him up slowly.

White tshirt-grey sweatpants again. Did he know that was her Achilles heel or something?

Leila could have written a personalized thank you letter to the individual that created grey sweatpants. They were the real MVP.

She watched him walk away towards the small refrigerator. Even his back was sexy. Leila would let that man fold her into a pretzel and with any luck he would.