Chapter Eleven: Namjoon's Choice

Why is this happening to me?

Namjoon repeated that to himself over and over as he paced the confines of his apartment. He made his way into the kitchen and began opening up cabinets until he found the bottles of liquor. They were where they had always been, but in his frenzy he had forgotten where he kept them. He didn't even bother reading the label before pulling the top off and taking a large swig. The warm liquid settled in his chest with a burn that he welcomed in hopes of feeling something other than panic.

What did I do?

He took another gulp of the brown liquid.

"They're all going to kill me. The guys are going to kill me, our boss is going to kill me, my parents are going to kill me, and then the fans will kill me." He said to himself.

Namjoon gripped the edges of the kitchen counter and shut his eyes attempting to center himself, but that didn't help. Now when he closed his eyes all he could see was a baby girl with chubby hands stuffing cheerios into her mouth. The conversation with Leila . was on repeat in the forefront of his brain.

"What are you saying? We used protection every time. You said you were on birth control." Namjoon couldn't comprehend what Leila had just confirmed. He didn't understand how any of it was possible.

"I was." She answered quietly."It's like you're trying to say that I did this on purpose. Right, because my only goal in life was to become a single mother. If I was trying to trap you, you would've known about her two years ago when I found out I was pregnant."

"Then how? The one mishap we had - I watched you take a pill right after!" There were only two possible explanations in his opinion. Either she purposely got pregnant or this baby wasn't his. "How do I even know she's mine?" His voice was harsher than he intended but it needed to be said. Leila's expression made a quick transition from hurt to angry.

The picture on his screen changed as Leila switched views to the back camera.

That's when he saw her.

A baby sitting in a high chair and concentrating on picking up her cereal. Her hair was dark brown and fell just under her chin in soft ringlets. The moment he saw her look up from her table his heart sank. The upper half of the little girls face was hauntingly familiar. The eyes he was seeing were the same ones that stared back at him when he looked in the mirror. Even her lips and cheeks reminded him of the baby pictures his mother had on her walls. Namjoon could also see Leila in the baby girl but most of her was undeniably him.

He dropped his phone on the coffee table and threw his head back. "Shit."

"I'll have my lawyer contact you for a DNA test. If you decide not to be part of her life please have your lawyers write up a relinquishment of paternal rights. But I want you to understand one thing; she doesn't need you. If it were up to me, you would've never known. I'm doing this for her, I don't want anything from you.

With that, she hung up the call.

Namjoon downed some more whiskey hoping his buzz would kick in soon so he could relax. He didn't know what to do with himself at the moment. Namjoon knew that he would take the DNA Test and it would come back positive. Leila sounded too confident, not that it mattered since the baby girls face gave it away anyway.

Namjoon did the only thing he could think of and called the one person that he could always talk to.

Hoseok answered the phone in less that two rings and Namjoon was thankful for that. He couldn't imagine what the constant ringing would've done for his nerves.