Chapter Twenty: Makgeolli

"What are you doing tonight?" Jackie asked Leila over the phone.

"Staying in with Mia." Leila rummaged through Namjoon's cabinets for what she needed. This grown ass man had to have some type of alcohol in his house. She might not be celebrating but it didn't mean she couldn't have a glass of wine on her birthday.

"You're in a whole new country and you're staying in on your birthday? It sounds like you're in great company." The sarcasm was evident.

"I never celebrate my birthday, you know that." There was no way she was telling Jackie that she was staying in with Mia because that's what she had done the entire week since getting there.

"If you were here, I would've made sure w-"

"Well, I'm not there."

"When will you be back?"

"Jackie, you know when." Leila was becoming annoyed by Jackie asking the same question every chance they spoke. Luckily for the annoyance, she opened the cabinet over the stove and hit the holy grail.

Just then there was a knock on the front door and Leila stopped trying to reach for the bottles. "Let me call you back, I think the foods here." Like clock work, around six every night, Namjoon had some type of food delivered to them. He had stopped asking her what she wanted when she never knew what any of the items were and she wasn't too picky so everything worked out for the most part anyway.

Leila said her goodbyes to Jackie and checked on Mia who was in the living room playing with the stuffed bunny Namjoon had given her. She didnt bother checking through the peephole assuming she already knew what it was but once she opened the door she realized she very wrong.

The three men standing on the other side of the door were most definitely not delivery men, although they were holding up bags with wide smiles.

___________________________________

It was almost seven by the time Namjoon finally got the track turned in. It was three hours late and he had managed to change jack shit about it. It was still the same exact track Yoongi and Jin had left him with, but he had just used it as an excuse to occupy himself.

The good thing about his job was there was always something to do and he could always get an early start on song writing or editing. Maybe just not with that specific track.

As he was getting ready to work on another project, he realized he hadn't order Mia or Leila any dinner. Being that it was Leila's birthday he decided that maybe she had an idea of what she wanted today and called.

"Hey." He could hear the smile in her voice this time.

"I'm sorry i'm a bit late to order your dinner but since its your birthday, is there anything you girls want?" he leaned back in his chair waiting for her answer.

"Um, no its okay. Sug-" she paused. "Yoongi is actually here and he's making-"

"Miyeok-guk!" he heard Yoongi's voice and it made him sit up straight in his chair.

"Yoongi's at the apartment?" There went that nasty green eyed monster perching himself on Namjoon's shoulder.

"Yes?" Leila was confused by the tone in his voice. "I know you're really busy so i'll let you go. See you tomorrow."

"Wai-" Before he could get the rest of his sentence out, Leila disconnected the call.

Yoongi? Alone with Leila in his apartment? Making the mother of his child a birthday dinner?

"What the fuck is his problem?!" Namjoon said out loud staring at the a black phone screen. His leg began to bounce anxiously as went to call Yoongi. "You have a free night and you want to spend it with my-" he couldn't even finish what he was saying because truthfully he didn't even know what Leila was to him. His baby's mother? Was that what he should call her? Namjoons thumb hovered over Yoongi's contact as he contemplated what he would say.