CHAPTER 18 : CAREFUL SHE'S A HERO

Rei POV

After our emotional meeting this morning we started heading towards the school. The usual presence was there as usual and everything went smoothly

Until Chabobo joined the classroom

"Today, I have an announcement. This will have negative coincidences for this classroom"

"What's this? A reality show? Who the fuck dropped out this time? kukukukuku"

"Hirata Yōsuke dropped out this morning"

"The correct statement is that Hirata Yōsuke dropped out due to depression this very morning, he was like a zombie yesterday so it's not surprising"

After that I yawned loudly

Almost the whole classroom was shocked by my uninterested behavior and my apathy

"Why are you so calm about this? another classmate of ours dropped out" asked Mii-chan with a perplexed expression

"Because that was his own choice, I'm not a person that will help someone that's ready to jump willingly inside his own grave"

"That's a brutal way to think" she said with sad expression

"That's one of the ways to survive in this world and have a tactical advantage in a way. This world like I said to him is far away from a perfect world, this school tries to teach us that"

I paused and changed into a cold tone

"If you think a random inhumane scenario, there is a high chance that this is happening right now somewhere else"

Almost everyone was terrified by my statement

"Are you saying that from experience Delinquent-girl?"

Kōenji said with a serious expression

I smirked

"Who knows"

He went back brushing his hair with a smile

"Right now, I'm going to fix the current problem. I never expected Hirata to drop out, that's a fact. I'll say that the other 2 idiots dropped out because of me but Hirata dropped out because of an internal struggle that he was fighting. That's why I said depression when I corrected Chabobo"

Everyone was impressed by my deduction

"Losing a major player like Hirata inside this class, is a big hit. That's why we need to train our physical and academical abilities to the max. It may be a brutal statement, Hirata's withdrawal will give us survivors the determination to become better"

People were sceptical about my statement

"After todays classes I want to see your physical capabilities. Some of them are easy to notice like Sudō's good physical abilities. On the other hand, that boy over there looks like he never did any exercises in his entire life"