Chapter 14: Back To The Cliff

As soon as Ryujin and Yeji reached the barn gate, Ryujin swiveled her body in a flash, arms crossed over her chest, she scrunched her nose while holding eye contact with the latter. "Okay, I'll ask you again. This is your last chance." Yeji tilted her head to the side, utterly bewildered. "Night by day. Red by silver. Who exactly are you?"

"Huh? Night by day. Red by silver? Are you trying you ask me a riddle?" The puzzled silver head asked, biting in her cheeks as she mulled the question over.

"Sorry, I mean. Red by day. Silver by night. Who exactly are you?" Ryujin tested for the umpteenth time, anticipating for a specific answer— an answer that Yeji's other counterpart had snarled at her before she receded from view into dark fumes. 

"Yeji Hwang?" Yeji replied truthfully, giving Ryujin a weird look because the girl kept asking her the same question over and over again, making her more confused than ever.

"You just switched the places of your family name and your first name!" Ryujin grumbled in a childish, whiney tone, and her pout intensified as seconds passed by.

"What do you want me to answer then?" Yeji huffed, almost whining back.

"Your future wife!" The bluehead exclaimed, voice straining desperately.

"My future wife?" The dense spirit verbalized, blinking her eyes innocently; she honestly had no idea what Ryujin was trying to imply.

"Ugh! God darn it! I wanted you to answer that you're my future wife! Get it?" Ryujin rolled her eyes out of frustration, and the moment she was rolling her eyes Yeji disappeared into wisps of white smokes, leaving a pleasant fragrance of flowers behind. "Huh? Where did you go, unnie?!" The blue-haired girl took a step back, then twirled to the right and left, frantically searching for any trace of the spirit.

"Over here!" The voice came from somewhere above her head, so she craned her neck, and her vision finally settled on Yeji, who seemed to be tangled up in the branches of a tall tree.

"What are you doing there?" Ryujin called out, cupping her lips.

"Gay panic- uh I mean I'm enjoying the view from here. Y'know? The higher you get, the better the view. Oh and the breeze up here is so refreshing!" Yeji shouted back, pretending not to be fazed by what Ryujin just blurted.

"The breeze is even better when you're riding on a horse. Come down, unnie!"

"S-sure!" Immediately, the spirit spread her arms and soared into the air, landing a few feet away from the girl who gave her gay panic.

Then, Ryujin advanced to the gate, trying to wrest the it open to no avail since it was locked from the inside, and she had no key. Furthermore, the barn was usually empty at night and no one was there to open the gate for them.

"Hmm... Can you, perhaps, teleport yourself to the other side and unlock it?" Ryujin requested cutely to Yeji, who still hadn't recovered from the previous panic, and the cute tone she was being used upon just exacerbated it.

"W-wouldn't Lisa unnie be mad about us trespassing her barn?" Yeji stammered.

"Wait! You know Lisa unnie too?" The bluehead was surprised.

"Um... I'm a wandering soul who meanders in and out of many places in this town and watches over the townspeople. Of course, I know her," the silver head told the partial truth. 

"Oh, I see," the human uttered, pursing her lips. Then, she suddenly clasped her hands, tilting her head adorably while she batted her eyelashes at the poor spirit, who was undeniably a sucker when it came to a particular Shin. "Unnie, please unlock the gate? Pretty pwease?"