Chapter 43: Supreme State

Yeji's wails of agony filled the whole bedroom as Lucy twisted and turned the bracelet on her wrist, standing in an aura of poise, utterly satisfied with the pain her twin was expressing. Her red hair draped around her shoulders like a shawl and eyes gleaming menacing with the same color as her hair, an appearance akin to that of a devil— she could even be considered as one.

"Oh, boy this never gets old," she sneered with the visage of a joyful child who was savoring the saccharine taste of lollipop while torturing the silver-haired spirit. Her malefic grin grew wider and wider the more Yeji winced and squirmed on the floor. Then, she ceased the action for a while, cracking her knuckles and neck.

"Hah...Ah..." Yeji gasped, kneeling on the floor, her shoulders slouching, head hanging low, eyes half open. She felt like she had been sundered apart by electricity, her whole system shocked with a momentous wave of electric current. Though the pain wasn't foreign to her anymore since she had always been at the receiving end of Lucy's vulgarity for six years as a spirit, it was still unbearable nonetheless. On the spur of the moment, a powerful force induced by Lucy's bracelet, the torturing mechanism, catapulted her to the ceiling and dowelled her there like some sort of an object. A shrill scream escaped from her mouth as she felt another surge of agony course through her soul, and her face grimaced, biting her lower lip to stifle the scream due to the fact that it would only encourage her evil twin to afflict more pain into her.

Meanwhile, Ryujin was garnering the last bit of strength left inside her injured body to hurl herself up from the pool of blood, taking shallow breaths as the stabbed wound pricked at her effortful movements. After successfully getting back on her feet, she stung into action, lunging for Lucy who had her attention fixated on tormenting Yeji. The youngest knew all too well that she wouldn't be able to touch the redhead, so she just attempted to distract the latter from hurting the spirit she loved— her Yeddeong. As soon as Ryujin lurched toward Lucy, she passed through her intangible soul and bumped into the wall next to her; the impact of which sent her bouncing back and made her collaspe onto the floor once again.

"YOU PETTY GIRL! YOU DARED TO TRY TACKLING ME, HUH?" Lucy roared, her attention completely diverted from Yeji which was Ryujin's initial intention, then she released the restraint she had on her twin. Hence, with a raucous plonk, Yeji landed on the ground from the ceiling. "TAKE THIS, B*TCH!" Lucy levitated the brass floor lamp nearby the nightstand and slammed it against Ryujin, causing the lamp shade to be torn off the rod and the bulb inside to shatter.

The shards of the bulb pierced the younger girl's skin as she lay weakly, having no energy to shriek, let alone utter a single sound of pain. The bleeding from her chest sped up as the assault widened her injury by an inch or two, joined in by the continuous leakage of warm, crimson liquid from her mouth. She was losing too much blood.

The moment Lucy raised the rod again to slam it against Ryujin, Yeji sprung to her feet and bolted toward her twin, only to be shoved back by the vigorous force that Lucy exerted with a sharp flick of her wrist without needing to spare a side-glance at Yeji. Simultaneously as Yeji was pinned to the wall, struggling to repel the extramundane restraints on her soul, Lucy rammed the end of the rod, with the glass shards of the broken light bulb protruding, straight into Ryujin's chest. This time, her aim was precise and she hit the bull's eye— the heart. Consequently, the poor victim dilated her eyes, a solemn tear trickled down her right cheek, while death lurked around the corner. She knew she was a goner for sure.

"NO!" The silver head howled, finally dissipating the invisible strings that were attaching her to the wall, simultaneously as the blue moon emerged from behind the clouds in the night sky, empowering her with a stupendous energy she'd never felt before. Channeling her newfound power, silver sparks with streaks of blue spewed out of Yeji's fingertips till she was able to generate a huge missile of light, then she thrusted the thing in Lucy's direction, to which the latter wasn't aware of since she was laughing at the damage she'd caused to Ryujin.