Chapter 37: Dissolved In Her Love

A hand suddenly shot out from the janitor's closet and pulled Yeji inside by her waist while she was on her way to the cafeteria, excited to see Ryujin and have lunch with her. However, a tremor of dread slid through her the instant she was dragged inside the closet without her consent, with a hand pressed on her lips in attempt of muffling her scream. After she was pinned to the wall, she heard the click of the door, making her feel overwrought. Her stomach felt like ridding itself of last night's dinner.

"Have you rejected him?" Instantly, a wave of relief washed over her as she recognized the owner of the deep, alluring voice. Ryujin was looking at her expectantly, her handsome features illuminated by the soft glow of the light bulb overhead them. Then, she drew in an unsteady breath when she registered the meager space between them, one palm of Ryujin was firmly pressed onto the small of her back whilst the other was positioned on the wall next to her. She could only nod as a response to Ryujin's question since she didn't trust herself not to stutter once she opened her mouth. How could she not stutter when Shin Ryujin was invading her personal space? In addition to that, the events from the previous day inside Ryujin's bedroom harked back into her mind, not helping the situation she was facing currently, and she felt her face growing redder as she reminisced their first kiss-one full kiss and two quick pecks- and her heart pumping more blood than usual.

"What did you say to him?" It wasn't a yes or no question that Yeji could settle with a quick nod, thus making her feel like being put in the hot seat, except that it wasn't the seat that was hot- her whole body was uncontrollably heating up from the close proximity and the latter's steadfast gaze on her. "Unnie?" Ryujin's hand that was placed on the wall was now proceeding to her chin, holding it up to level her face with the younger's line of sight because she wasn't able to meet her in the eye ever since she was yanked inside the closet.

"I-I told him I was s-seeing someone," Yeji stammered, staring into Ryujin's mesmerizing eyes in a skittish manner.

"Someone? Who exactly could that be?" The short-haired girl drawled, feigning contemplation as she removed her hand from the long-haired's chin to scratch her own one.

"Y-you," the long-haired individual murmured, speech impediment, eyes averted to anywhere but the short-haired girl's face.

"Unnie," Ryujin breathed, studying Yeji's jittery expression in scrutiny, mistaking it as disgruntlement, when in fact, the older girl was just gay panicking for the second time in her life- if the affair from the day before were to be taken into account. "Do you feel uncomfortable with me?" Briskly, the feline eyes steered away from the wall and landed on the almond pair that seemed to be slightly abashed. "Am I being too pushy to you?" With that being said, Ryujin removed her hand that was resting on Yeji's waist and backed away, only to get stopped by the cat-eyed girl who hastily grabbed her forearms.

"I... like it," Yeji spoke in a small voice, hands still clutched onto Ryujin's forearms, blood rushing to her face.

"Huh?"

Biting her bottom lip shyly and keeping her head low, Yeji clarified, "I like you being pushy."

"You like me being pushy?" Ryujin's lips quivered, trying to suppress a broad smile from forming. Yeji nodded again, shyly twiddling the sleeves of Ryujin's uniform blazer, an act that the younger found so adorable. To tease the older girl more, the younger tilted her head with a pout and feigned despondency. "Unnie, you just feel bad for me, don't you? It's okay. I understand."