Epilogue 2

"Eh! Eh! Eh!" The baby stretched her tiny hands out and demanded to be picked up, screeching avidly as she did so. Hence, the demon lifted her up from the cradle with utmost care, leveling the baby to her face afterwards.

"Why were you crying, Luna-yah? You know how tiring it is to rush to earth from hell," the demon queen whined, wiping the baby's tears with her thumb. At this, the baby giggled and grabbed the queen's thumb, refusing to let go. "Aww. You miss your aunt that much?"

"Eh!" The demon queen's niece tittered once more, utterly ecstatic by her aunt's presence. "Eh! Eh! Eh!" She articulated excitedly, as if explaining how much she was happy to see her in baby language. Kitten eyes turned into crescents and whisker dimples engraved her cheeks as she smiled winsomely.

"But... I always visit you all the time—when nobody's around," Lucy chuckled, mirroring the baby's eye smile with her feline ones.

While decapitating herself with the spirit exorcist scythe, Lucy was in full control of her body and her awareness was enhanced, thereby weakening the will power of Ma Woo Yeol within her; and similar to the phrase: "Survival of the fittest", the frailer part of the two personalities perished at the strike of the weapon, leaving the stronger one behind. As luck would have it, the dominant personality happened to be the real Lucy and she survived. Which explains why her dismembered head and body morphed into mahogany butterflies instead of ashes like the other executed spirits—Yuqi and Soyeon— and dematerialized on the spot. After months zoomed by in a whirr, Lucy gained consciousness and found herself on a patio sofa, in a strange garden with stars grown in pots rather than flowers. Oddly enough, she figured that the sky didn't have any atmosphere when she looked overhead, and the constellations appeared to be a lot closer than she'd seen on earth. Then, a terrifically bright light coming from fifty yards away caught her attention, making her squint her eyes at it to see what the ball of light actually was. Staggered by her discovery, her eyes bulged to the extent that any passerby would be worried that they would pop out of the sockets.

You see... In view of the fact that the moon goddess Dalnim had witnessed Lucy's courage and selfless sacrifice on that night, she decided to take the winged demon under her wing—no pun intended—and take a stance against the other gods when they insinuated that the latter was still a threat to the world for being the reincarnation of Ma Woo Yeol. Due to having Dalnim on her side, Lucy was given a chance to prove her loyalty to the heaven, and for years, she would go on dangerous quests and ran errands on behalf of the gods until she gained their trust. Later, the gods entitled her the new queen of demons, blessing her with divine powers, for they deemed that no one deserved to be the monarch of such creatures of malice other than the superior winged demon herself. On top of it, they had learn to admire her diligence, perseverance, foresight, decisiveness and good intentions— a true character development, indeed.

Despite the fact that Lucy was a ruler herself, she still worked under Yeomna, the god of the hell, and her main job was to lead the demons and discipline spirits of sinners. On the other hand, she would also track down paranormal rebellions who were raising a ruckus in the human realm, and slay them if necessary, in accordance to the protocols.

"Oh Luna, I have something to vent out to you," Lucy huffed, idly pacing around the room, with the baby firmly held in her arms, all the while the kitten eyes stared back at her in awe.

"Agoo?" The infant produced an adorable sound, as though beckoning Lucy to say what she was preparing to say, with her head cocked to the side.

"Okay... So there's this disrespectful little bastard I met at my office today..." Lucy went on rattling, not bothered by the fact that Luna was tugging at the dangling pink streaks in her dark hair—rather too strongly, as the aunt was immersed in her disgruntlement with a certain individual whom she encountered for the first time.