Chapter 53: Hospital Attack

"I-I got forced to let a group of people in the hospital. A-and they brought an infected person with them. Soon, she'll turn into a zombie and bite us all! We must do something to prevent this from happening!" He babbled on, eliciting spontaneous gasps and whispers from the audience.

"Good thing I followed you here," a husky voice resounded from the man's back, making him flinch, "I had a gut feeling that you would be planning something fishy. Turns out I was right." When the man swiveled his body around, he saw a particular short-haired girl cooly leaning against the doorframe, her arms folded over her chest as she quirked her eyebrows at the man. The same owl that saved Jennie perched itself on the girl's shoulder.

"T-this is the girl who threatened-" Before the guard could finish his sentence, Ryujin snugged her arm around his neck while holding her sword and pressed the gun into his temple as she used another hand, inciting dread to his whole existence.

"I remember telling you to behave unless you want your ugly head to be blown off?" She rasped menacingly, finger wrapped around the trigger, not reluctant to pull it if she had to.

"Let's the poor man go!" A male voice, amongst the crowd of survivors, commanded her without fear.

"This man tried to get our friends killed and now he's planning to get us into trouble again!" Ryujin snapped brusquely, eyeing the brazen man who just spoke up.

"H-help! She's trying to kill-"

"Quiet!" The bluehead yelled and butted him in the temple with the butt of the blunderbuss.

"Miss, please calm down," the same man from before spoke again, but this time, his tone was soft, "There're many ways to solve a problem and violence isn't one of them, okay? Now, let's hear the side of your story and why you brought an infected inside a place where there are sick patients who can barely move, let alone run when those monsters invade."

"Look, Mr. Doctor," Ryujin scoffed, taking the white coat he was wearing into account, reckoning him to be a doctor, "Those monsters that are trying to hunt us aren't zombies and they don't have the capability to turn us into one of them when they bite us. This isn't a fxxking zombie apocalypse movie!" She sharply drew in a breath and started to speak calmly. "And my cousin, the one you called an infected, was injured due to a very vicious devil's attack and she has lost a lot of blood, thus the need to transfuse blood. So, please don't disturb the process. I don't want to lose her."

"How do you know if those monsters aren't zombies or not?" Another voice asked from the crowd.

"Yeah!" Several bombardments of questions and insults rang throughout the hall, accompanied with malevolent glares from the surviving patients and their guardians, nurses, medical interns, cleaners and random refugees from the outside who had nothing to do with the hospital.

"If people turn into zombies when bitten by those monsters, then why aren't you all transforming by now? Don't tell me that there's nobody in this room who hasn't been bitten by one yet. You can't lie to me when the blood stains on your outfits and injuries are a dead giveaway to my conclusion," Ryujin retorted, glowering at the audience; the shouts of whom by then had turned into soft murmurs as they began to spoke among themselves, apparently agreeing with Ryujin's statement.

"To be honest, their fangs grazed my right leg when me and my wife were trying to ran into the hospital," Chou Tzuyu, the birthmother of one of the patients diagnosed with leukemia, admitted, rolling up the cuff of her trouser leg to reveal a deep gash, "It has been an hour or two since it happened, but look at me. I haven't turned yet."

"My wife's telling the truth," Sana Minatozaki affirmed, standing up from the seat beside their daughter's hospital bed. Sullyoon, their sick daughter looked at them with round eyes whilst in a supine position on the mattress.