6: The Chemistry Test

"Hey, what is the point of a chemistry test if we were already casted?"

Jisoo questioned as she, Jennie and a few members of the filming crew were waiting in the private room of a café.

She figures if she does bad, and they have no chemistry, they might fire her but she already signed a contract. Would they still do it?

"You are right, the test should have been done first." Jennie responded, tugging at her cap.

Apparently that was answer enough for Jennie because she soon stood up and waited for the actor at the door.

She is being hot and cold with Jisoo. It's really puzzling her.

It's funny because it seems like she has no hard feelings with Jisoo, and neither does Jisoo with her. Considering that they didn't end on good term this is odd.

Jisoo frowned as she stared at the brunette talking to employees. Jennie was the one who dumped her, so Jisoo should be the one acting cold and confusing.

"She was against the test." Joohyun exclaimed, making Jisoo wince and turn to her. "That's why we are doing it late."

She didn't want her and her male co-star to meet beforehand? Does she want the filming to be harder for Jisoo? Because it surely will be if she doesn't get to know him.

Jisoo couldn't curse Jennie further or think about why she is acting that way when everyone around her stiffened and bowed.

She finally understood why Jennie was against it.

Because the only way this situation could get worse is if the male lead was her ex too. Yes that's right. Song Mino, someone Jisoo dated before she met Jennie.

That's not the name she read on the script. The initial actor must have turned down the role or they changed their mind and casted Mino.

She knew he became a famous actor but why would Jennie cast him? Especially in this role? They never got along well and seeing how annoyed they are talking to each other right now, that must have not changed either.

"For the sponsors." Joohyun said quietly as if she could tell what Jisoo was thinking since she kept staring at the two. "We had to cast him."

Jisoo sighed, this is just a job, nothing personal. Just like Haein said, she has to suck it up for now.

"Well, hello there." Mino looked Jisoo up and down with a smirk, his hands were in his jeans pockets.

"Hi..." Jisoo forced a smile.

"I'm so happy to see you." Mino put his hands on Jisoo's waist and pulled her towards him.

Jisoo was taken aback but the camera and lights were aimed at them so she believes they were already in the middle of acting.

The two performed a few scenes and gained close eye contact. Jisoo knew right away, their chemistry wasn't that good and the problem was that he made her uncomfortable.

Sometimes he came too close and his hands roamed over her body freely. She didn't complain since this is what actors do.

But when his hands squeezed her down there she was about to go out of character, if Jennie didn't beat her to it and called cut.

"That's enough." Jennie exclaimed. "We got enough material and it's clear that you can work together."

Was it clear? Did Jisoo perceive a different scene than them?

•••••

"You improvise too much!"

Jennie heard Jisoo tell the blonde man as she waited for her.

"The audience loves it." Mino shrugged his shoulders.

"Well, I don't. Improvising a whole kiss was too much. We are over, get over it." Jisoo scoffed and walked away from the offended man.

She must have finally seen Jennie because her eyes flickered to her and lingered there surprised.

Jennie offered a small smile before walking to her.

"You won't believe how happy I am to see you right now. I had a terrible day." Jisoo's whole body felt lighter after seeing Jennie.

"I'm happy to see you too.." Jennie said shyly. "Was that man bothering you?" She asked concerned.

"He always is." Jisoo groaned. "And he always acts so smug because his family consist of famous actors. He basically already has a successful career before doing anything, and he knows that too. That's why he is so brave."

•••••

"You never told us why she broke up with you." Seulgi said after Jisoo was done telling her friends what happened at work.

Jisoo swirled her spoon in her tea and stared blankly. She didn't like to talk about it.

All she knows is that they had a few fights near the end of their relationship and then Jennie moved to New Zealand. She didn't give Jisoo a heads up, she just ghosted her.

Jisoo didn't detest her for it, since she was also to blame for their arguments. Nowadays she only feels empty when she thinks about that.

"I guess you won't answer, so I will speak now. I got a gig as PR-Manager." Jihyo changed the topic. "For your film. When you will start the promotions." She grinned at Jisoo.

Jisoo's eyebrows moved upwards. "What? Who would hire you?"

"First of all, rude." Jihyo snarled. "Second, Daniel asked me to, so they hired me."

Jisoo knows Jihyo can be serious at her job but having her close to her at work means she will constantly tease her about Jennie. Understandably Jisoo would have preferred to avoid that.

"Can't believe she flirted with you though." Jihyo chuckled.

"Don't bring that up. She is definitely just bored." Jisoo rolled her eyes.

"Is that why she just texted you to meet up with her?" Seulgi grinned as she was reading Jisoo's messages.

"She wha- Give me my phone!" Jisoo snatched it from her grip and read the message, astounded.

Both of them had new numbers, how did she get it? Jisoo's main suspect is her manager as he most likely would have given it to the director if she asked him.

Why does she want to see Jisoo? Of course to talk about the film, why else? Jisoo nodded her head and grabbed her purse, placing money on the table before excusing herself.

She isn't quite sure what to think of this, still. Does she want to use the chance to search closure, get close again or be professional, mere strangers?

It might depend on what Jennie is asking for.