15: The Chance

Her eyes were seeing a bright flash and she quickly saw nothing as her body dropped on the ground. She could hear clattering around her as everyone must have gathered around.

This was the first time Jisoo passed out during the filming and they were almost at the end. If only she had a bit more power left in her.

She felt a gentle hold around her and the smell of a sweet fragrance. That was definitely not Mino, his arms are not that soft and this scent, it was undoubtedly a Chanel perfume. Jisoo knows that because it's Jennie's signature fragrance.

She tried to open her eyes but it was all blurry and they felt heavy. When she gained a bit consciousness she was lying in the backseat of Jennie's Porsche.

"Keep resting, I'm driving you home." Jennie glanced at her from the rear-view mirror.

Jisoo's half-lidded eyes fluttered open. Her throat felt dry and she coughed. Jennie handed her a bottle of water without turning around. She held her hand out until Jisoo grabbed it.

She sat upright and exhaled once she gulped it down. "Thanks. Why are you driving me? They can't film without you, can they?"

"I dismissed everyone for today." Jennie explained bluntly.

"I'm sorry." Jisoo apologised.

"Do you want me to drive you to a hospital instead? The nurse at the set said you were overworked and dehydrated but maybe you want a second opinion?"

Jisoo blinked, cheeks flushing red in embarrassment. "Can we go to your place?"

"If you want to." Jennie appeared slightly surprised by Jisoo's request as her widened momentarily.

"Yes please." Jisoo nodded. At home she would be alone and if she passed out again, no one would call an ambulance in time.

"Do you want to grab some takeout?" Jennie questioned while turning the wheel.

"I'm on a diet. If you have some fruits that will be enough." Jisoo exclaimed.

Jennie's eyebrows lifted. "Why are you on a diet? Your figure is great."

"I will at least pull through with it for the remaining weeks of filming." Jisoo shrugged her shoulders.

"Does that mean you have been on a diet for half a year already? And you only ate fruits?" Jennie sounded shocked, as well as angry. "Does your manager know?"

The brunette should have noticed earlier because whenever they had breakfast Jisoo opted for a fruits salad. She just assumed that was her newfound craving.

Jisoo hesitated before she answered. "Yeah, of course. Yes."

Jennie glanced at her over her shoulder while they waited at a red light, Jisoo was looking down and pursing her lips. She is clearly lying.

"I'm going to tell your manager." Jennie threatened.

Jisoo whined in response and her nose scrunched up in dismay. "Jennie please."

"What?" Jennie asked innocently.

The raven rolled her eyes. "Don't what me. What do I need to do to silence you? Lap dance?"

Jennie hitched a breath, quickly pressing on the gas pedal as a honk urged her to drive already.

"So?" Jisoo quirked a brow, a teasing grin on her face.

"That's nice of course but not what I had in mind." Jennie cleared her throat.

"What did you have in mind?" Jisoo was now suspicious.

"I want you to eat with me, whatever I tell you, everyday. I don't want you to pass out again. You need to eat properly, especially when you work hard." Jennie explained.

"In that case it has the same effects as telling my manager." Jisoo mumbled, confused.

"Not really because you won't be in trouble. I have spoken to your mentor multiple times and he seems like the guy who won't ever leave you in peace again after I tell him."

Jennie explained and Jisoo had to agree with that. Either she allows him to stop her diet or she allows Jennie to stop her.

Jennie would be the choice she could easier deal with as she could just kiss her and she would be silent.

"We are there." Jennie parked the car and insisted on helping Jisoo walk up the stairs.

Once they entered her cozy apartment, Jennie brought Jisoo to the bathroom and helped her wash her face as if she didn't have two functioning hands and could do that herself.

Then she even tucked her into bed which was totally over the top but Jisoo didn't protest since the other looked so serious about it.

"Rest. I'm cooking porridge." Jennie said firmly and left but not before she grabbed a teddy bear and made Jisoo hug it.

Jisoo chuckled as the brunette left. She knows that if she gives this little brown teddy to anyone, then she really likes that person and trusts them.

The director returned with a chicken porridge and fed it to her.

"I can eat, you know..." Jisoo mumbled as Jennie scooped up the warm rice and held it up to Jisoo's lips.

"I'm just monitoring." Jennie defended as she gave Jisoo spoon after spoon.

"Monitoring your employee?" Jisoo arched a brow but continued eating because she missed Jennie's home cooked food. It always made her feel warm and sated.

Jennie shook her head. "Someone I care for."

"You care for me?"

"Always did."

"Even now?"

"Time can't change how I feel."

With that sentence the actress already finished eating the meal. Jennie stood up to wash the dishes, leaving Jisoo, along with the feelings she was showering her with, alone in the room.

Her words were still echoing in the room, or so Jisoo felt they were. She could see it in her glimmering and caring eyes, Jennie still loved her. She probably never stopped.

Jisoo got up from the bed and searched for Jennie in the kitchen. She was at the sink and wearing rubber gloves as she washed the dishes.

Without hesitation Jisoo wrapped her arms around her and pressed her front to her back, Jennie stilled before her body relaxed.

"If you want me, then I want you to tell me." Jisoo mumbled against her shoulder, making the other shudder. "Don't hide behind this pretense of us sleeping with each other out of comfort. You will not win my heart like that."

Jisoo was always brutally honest with Jennie and she also knew that was something she loved about her. When they were together they had no secrets. Everything was out in the open like it should be.

"I want you." Jennie turned around and laid her arms on Jisoo in return. "Will you give me another chance? I'm back for good now and I won't leave again. Everything I had to do is settled."

"Everything you had to do?" Jisoo mumbled as the other pillowed their foreheads and was looking at her longingly.

"Yes." Jennie said, inching closer. "Please. I'm here. I will never go again. So if you still have a tiny piece of me somewhere in your heart-"

Jisoo silence her by pressing their lips together, Jennie was surprised and didn't respond until Jisoo bit down on her bottom. Just when she moved and deepened the kiss. Jisoo pulled back, pecking her lips a final time as the other sighed dreamily.

"Your marks are everywhere in my heart." Jisoo nodded her head. "So you better keep your word. Stay with me, and don't give me false hope if you don't."

"I'm not." Jennie promised, a gummy smile etched on her lips. "The only thing I want to convey you whenever we kiss, is forever."

And Jisoo believed her, because she felt it too.