13: The Truth

Jennie sighed, looking at her phone with sad little eyes. She turned around on the sofa and then sighed again.

"Why so sulky?" Joohyun asked, looking at her over her shoulder while she was doing some paper work.

"Jisoo cancelled our um... hang out." Jennie informed her. "Apparently she is meeting someone else."

"Like a date?" Joohyun turned to her as her interest was piqued.

"I hope not." Jennie sulked, her eyes downcasted.

"Then court her before someone else does?" Joohyun's eyebrows raised.

Jennie shook her head, pouting. "I can't. She isn't ready. I need to be her friend first and get her trust."

"Friends don't hide in storage rooms together and do certain things." Her sister teased.

Jennie's face flushed red. "You heard us...?"

"Honestly, I think the entire set heard..." Joohyun told her cautiously even though there was no way telling her this gently.

Jennie buried her face in her palms and groaned. "That's so embarrassing!"

Everyone knew? Hopefully this won't affect them negatively. Jennie is especially worried for Jisoo that someone in the cast will harass her because of it.

"What do I do?" Jennie walked over to her sister and asked her like a child calling for help, completely clueless.

"First of all submit your relationship officially, so that neither of you will be accused of sexual harassment." Joohyun suggested. "Then talk about whether you will show it to the public or keep it private. Involve the managers in the discussion."

"There is no relationship sadly..." Jennie frowned.

"Then like I said, court her and rekindle your relationship." Joohyun placed a hand on Jennie's shoulder, trying to comfort her.

•••••

Jisoo looked at her phone and sighed. She had to turn Jennie down to go to a restaurant with Mino. Something she didn't look forward to.

"No phones." Mino took the device from her and put it in his suit's pocket. "You will get it back after our date."

Jisoo frowned, not liking how he touched her stuff but she didn't mention it in order not to displease him. She was mostly quiet during the dinner and just responded curtly whenever he made conversation.

At one point his hand was on her bare thigh. He told her to wear a short dress, maybe this was why. She swatted his hand from her but he put it there again.

Jisoo focused on her pasta and tried to not feel his sly hand rubbing on her skin. She heard her phone vibrate and that's when he retracted his hand which made Jisoo sigh in relief.

He just looked at her messages and clicked his tongue. "It's Jennie. Tell her you are on a date." He gave her the phone. "Take a picture of our candle light dinner too."

While Jisoo grumpily took a picture, Mino called a waiter over and ordered their best and most expensive wine.

She didn't send that message to Jennie of course. She just pretended she did. The director was asking her if she could meet later at night. Jisoo said yes because she would like to see her after this terrible date.