𝐏𝐑𝐄𝐏𝐄𝐑𝐀𝐓𝐈𝐎𝐍𝐒.

power trip, j cole

power trip,  j cole

ep 17.

PREPARATIONS WERE BEING MADE.

it was the day of the deal.

kenma and his men were getting prepared for anything this evening. this was a very big deal to him and his colleagues.

kuroo and iwazumi were currently at the place that they were all supposed the be meeting, making sure everything was ready. they had made sure there were no cameras, no detect bugs anywhere, and that they had a few stored guns under the floorboards just in case.

kuroo gave an approving look before he sent a text to kenma, who had been outside his house with oikawa, kyotani, lev, tanaka, and satori tendou.

tendou was ushijima's right hand man. he did everything with the red head, and they were veen rumored to have some sort of romantic or even sexual relations.

he was coming along because ushijima trusted him with his life AND his life's work.

he knew tendou would take care of his business if he was gone and didn't want to miss out on something important.

he was a great asset to shiritorizawa's organization.

once kenma got the text, he had looked up to you who was waiting with kiyoko , lev's girlfriend, and kyotani's mother on the steps. they had all wanted you to be together just in case something happened..

kozume walked up a few steps, caressing your cheek and kissing your lips softly before sighing and putting his forehead against yours, "i'll be back soon.. please be safe, and don't worry about us alright? stress isn't good for the baby princess."

you wearily nodded and kissed your lover back, reluctantly letting him go before glancing between the women that were with you. sometimes you wished that you all hadn't had this life. but , it was just how things were, and i guess it was exciting.

there was never a dull moment.

kenma gestured his head to the cars and the men all took the orders, climbing into their cars or either riding with others.

there was a big black van following them also, full of men from all sides.

they were backup.. just in case.

kuroo and iwazumi sat at the large table that was sat in the middle of the warehouse type of building. it was quite literally in the middle of nowhere, and was very off the grid. it was about two hours away from home, so they were going pretty far.

they would all be lying if they said they weren't nervous about this deal. what if something goes wrong? what if they get cut on their money? what if someone gets hurt?

those were all thoughts in everyone's mind.

you and the girls sat at home on the couch trying not to think about all the bad outcomes of this deal. kyotani's mother knew what her son had gotten himself into, she wasn't disappointed, it was the family business.

but still.

she had wished that her son wasn't dragged into it at such an early age.. she wished that her son didn't have to be so careful and aware of everything all the time.

she wished he grew up normal.

lev sat in the back seat of kyotani's blacked out bmw, checking his briefcase to make sure that he had all possible antidotes, ointments, poisons, gasses, and medical supplies that he needed for this trip.

lev was always a very key member to drug trades and deals, he could be used as an on hand doctor and he also was very smart with dosages. he knew multiple ways too kill people with any kind of drug. he also had access to drugs that could kill people in mere seconds.

he was not useless or incompetent like people used to say he was in high school.

"ya nervous tani?" lev spoke up, looking the blondie that was wearing a calm but stern face on him.  "...a little.." he answered, adjusting his infamous beanie before putting his hand right back in the wheel.

the thing is , you would never expect half of these men to be friends or even acquainted with each other.

but, i guess that's just what common interest does to you.

lev nodded and out of small anxiety, looked over all of the things he had brought one more time, sighing as he patted the gun that was in his suit.

'just making sure..' he thought to himself.

meanwhile,  iwazumi was not in the best head space.

       "HAJIME?! HELP ME?!"

he just kept getting flashbacks of shoyo. PTSD.

kuroo placed a hand on iwa's shoulder with a concerned look, rubbing it just a bit, "you alright, iwazumi?"

iwazumi shook his head and nodded, covering his face with his hands as he took a shaky breath, "y-yeah man.. yeah i'm fine.."

kuroo took his hand off and leaned back in his chair, thinking to himself. he knew shoyo's death had impacted iwazumi a lot.. but too what extent?

the men sat in silence for awhile until the other boys showed up, giving each other quick greetings before sitting on their side of the table. men were guarded outside and inside the building as well, they were going to be there for when their.. business partners.. came.

kenma looked over at his taller best friend, tilting his head to the side, to which his iconic man bun followed, "you ready?"

"ready as ever, blondie." kuroo responded, patting the shorter male's head and turning to face forward.

they soon heard cars pulling up, some hearts started racing,  and some were stone cold with a little hint of reluctancy and nervousness.

pounding foot steps entered the warehouse and the foreign men took their seats at the large table.

"well then, let's get down to business."