Frozen

" Yayyyy! Daddy!"

Giggling. Happiness. The first time I had ever been happy.

" You stupid, worthless, idiot! Why do you even try? Just go kill yourself."

The first time I had known anger, and depression.

" Hey... Are you okay?"

" y...yeah..."

" I saw what those kids did. I'll walk you home."

" T...Thanks!"

" No problem. By the way, my name's April."

I felt those emotions hit me through the head.

And I hit the water.

Ice cold, scoring. The current pulled me deeper and deeper down under. Through the hazy water, I saw April being pulled to safety.

I let my breath out. My natural hair color swirled out behind me. I tried to get to the surface, but the current pushed me deeper. I felt myself move downstream a bit.

An ice cold gust of water hit my legs. I saw a tiny pink bead shoot out of the water in front of me. I realized, the water had knocked the Kraang bullet out of my leg. Before I could think, I felt gills erupt on my neck. I took a breath of air.

My body was so weak, I could only make gills. I sat on the bottom of the deep river. There was no current here, it was as calm as a pond. Only at the top was there currents.

I ripped off a piece of my wet shirt, and tied it around my ankle. My eyes now changed back to vivid blue, and I could see under the water.

-

I felt myself gradually getting stronger. It had been about a day, stuck in my comatose healing state. Well, to me it had felt like a day. It could have been weeks. But my body wasn't ready to wake up.

I felt the water get steadily colder, and realized what was happening.

The water was freezing over.

By now, it was like a thick slush. I wanted to get out of there. I could see, vaguely, the current slow down. I felt myself sink, and my gills became smaller.

As the water froze around me, I hit the bottom.

Oh no.