Sorry

( Remember: This canyon is about the size of the Grand Canyon. I know there isn't one like that in NY but just pretend please. Also, April and the turtles are younger than Celeste [you] by two years. You are 18 [the mutagen made you older] and they are 16.)

" I'm sorry! I'm so sorry, Celeste." April cried into her hands. " I let go... I shouldn't have let go."

April looked up into the stars, tears dripping off her cheeks. Her red hair twinkled in the light, her blue eyes dull with tears.

Donnie had followed April to the canyon. He sat next to her.

April folded her arms. " Nothing you say is going to make me feel better about this, Donnie."

" You have every right to be like this. She was your best friend, April. That bond can be as strong as family." Donnie said.

" But... I let her leave after she was mutated... And I finally found her... Only to kill her! If my powers had been working..."

" You did not kill her, April. You keep telling yourself that, but it's not true. Trust me."

" She let herself die."

" April... Things like this happen. You will get over it."

" No I-"

" One day, you will make peace with fate."

" I just-"

" April... You are not alone. You have me, and Sprinter, and my brothers!" Donnie said chirpily.

April managed a weak smile. " Yeah. I guess I do." She said, blinking away tears.

" I really like you April..." Donnie said, looking away.

" I really like you too, Donnie."

" Would you maybekindasortawannabemygirlfriend?"

" Sure, Don. I'll maybekindasortabeyourgirlfriend."

Donnie looked starstruck. "R-Really?"

" Yeah! Of course."

" T-Thank you, April."