|𝟏𝟎.| 𝗧𝗵𝗲 𝗣𝘂𝗿𝗲 𝗘𝗰𝘀𝘁𝗮𝘀𝘆 ♤

Ash

Pure torture. I should've listened to my father when he said maybe I shouldn't get involved, that I should wait. But I was adamant, I needed to see her. After five long years, I was finally going to see my Corazon and no fucking way was I missing that chance. Although I should've because then I wouldn't have walked out of that office with a nosebleed and some of my dignity.

Her reaction was expected, but I didn't expect her to kick my ass. I deserved it yes. Although a hug would've done me some justice. I remember her face clearly like she'd seen a ghost, one from her past. A past she's been trying to run away from. It took every living cell and gut for me not to kiss her right there and then.

Aria Middleton. The woman had consumed my mind for five years. I don't know how many women I've fucked trying to forget her, from her touch to her smile and those lips. Everything about her was just pure ecstasy. A drug I was so weakly relapsing to.

When I felt her again, her kiss. I went into overdrive. If we weren't disturbed I swear I might've fucked her into oblivion. So you would understand how much I would make these assassins pay, either way, River and Simarae would've disturbed us as well. Them playing their very own game of 'break the furniture.

The more I thought about how close I held her, the more it consumed me how much these people had shit timing. A part of me thought I'd never even feel what's it's like to be with Aria again. Although another part was hell-bent on making sure I get her back. No matter how long it takes, a smaller more unacknowledged part told me to leave her be, I'd caused her enough pain and I didn't want to hurt her again.

"Ash, fine?" Aria asks, checking to see if her knives were balanced. There was genuine curiosity and worry in her voice, which made me a little hopeful.

"Fine," I whisper, she stares at me and nods before leading everyone out of the office.

We follow suit and Aria checks the coast in the hallway before signaling for everyone to continue. As we exit the room we hear footsteps from both sides of the hallway indicating that we're surrounded. We break, River and Simarae going one way and Aria and I going the other. The footsteps get closer and we hold out weapons ready for the fire.

"Think you ready?" I ask Aria.

"Not quite, but I'm not going down without a fight" She smirks.

Two men appear when we turn the corner, they are wearing black and vision Google. The fuckers were going to switch off the lights. Aria waste no time, throwing knives toward the first man's throat. It lands perfectly and before the second man can blink I shoot him in the head. That was lucky because they weren't paying attention.

We escalate the stairs and right as we open the door, bullets fly toward us immediately. We pull back and stay behind the doors for cover. The noise creates a slight ringing in my ear and I wince. I signal for Aria to wait for me while I grab a gun, I head under the staircase to reveal a ruffle bag.

I grab an assault rifle and a silver pistol. I immediately regret leaving Aria alone when I find her surrounded by four men. She looks focused like she's analyzing her situation. She then grabs her dress and rips it to make a thigh slit. By now I'm a little intrigued about what exactly she's planning to do.

"Ready boys?" she smirks, grabbing a proper hold on her dagger. They all close her in and she squats in the center of them, when they emerge two men grab hold of her arms and I instinctively shoot them both in the chest. Aria uses the opportunity to kick the one in front of her but when she tries to kick the other, he grabs hold of her leg. I'm already pointing the pistol at the man but I'm interrupted by Aria.