|𝟐𝟏.| 𝗢𝗻𝗲 𝗦𝘁𝗲𝗽 𝗖𝗹𝗼𝘀𝗲𝗿

Aria

My mother once told me, everything lies in the eye of the beholder. I never understood what she meant at the time and to this day I still ask myself if I understand it. She always encouraged me to stand for myself and to never depend on any man except one I love and I did.

Probelm is, was I fell in love with the wrong person. I fought tooth and nail to break his walls, and the same amount to tame the beast within. Never did I expect him to unleash his true self in the form of my worst nightmare. A disguise. And I chased it.

When I recall a few years ago, I wonder what would've happened if he didn't leave. If he listened to me when I warned him about his grandfather, if he trusted me. Would all that have happened? Although I cannot bring myself to want to change anything. Because of Ash I learned that love is purely an existent emotion.

I don't believe I'll ever be loved, I just think it impossible. But I do know that if I love than it's because of Simarae and Lita, Aiden and mostly my mother. Those are the people worth fighting for, your family. I'll admit I'm skeptical about a few things but I won't lie to myself.

I've forgiven Ash, long before I can remember. No matter what he did I can't change the fact that he showed me a whole new world, one full of adrenaline, thrill, fear, anger. A world full of Ecstasy. And when you feel all those emotions at one, man does it give you a rush!

No matter what he did, I cannot change that fact that I still loved him.

Now where the fuck are my shoes?

I scurry through my closest shelfs looking for my transparent chanels. I haven't seen those heels in probably a month and it's starting to irrtated me. It's like most of my shoes are missing and I have no idea how. Irritated I throw a bunch of heels, thinking I'll find them somewhere in the back. Nothing.

When I notice the mess I made, my eye twitches and I immediately put all of them back in place. Of course I could ask anyone to do it for him although I've never seen a worker in Ash's house I know there are some, like the lady who gave me my laptop when I was sick. Either way I'd rather organize my own shoe closet that is because I colour code everything.

It doesn't take much energy because I only wear three colors. I brush off my ramble of thoughts and focus on placing my shoes correctly. When I'm done about ten minutes later I decide to ask Marae if maybe I left them in her room. I take off the towel clung to me and wear a white robe that has my initials engraved on my left chest.

When I'm near Maraes room I hear laughing and splashing, I open the door and find a shirtless River splashing a glass of water of a very irrtated Marae. I look over and see that River is also wet which I assume is just him returning the favor. There's also a bunch of crunched balls of paper around the room.

Am I interrupting something?

"She started this!" River accuses and immediately gets shoved by Marae. I shake my head in both confusion and overloading cuteness.

"I- Marae?" she hums in my direction and I can't stop myself from laughing at her wet hair, "Have you seen my chanels?"

"The transparent ones?" I nod and she stands to go check in her closet and River puts on a shirt in the meantime. Marae comes out a minute later, "No maybe you left them in Ash's room?"