Chapter 4: Baths, apologies and hugs

Uraraka's pov:

I sat in my seat, waiting for Aizawa Sensei to come in so we could start the lesson. I open my bag and pull out my notebook and pencils, including some homework from the previous night. I want to make sure these notes are awesome!!

Aizawa Sensei walks in with some papers in hand, looking tired as usual. He gets to the podium and looks up, looking over at the room. "Where's Midoriya?" He asks tiredly. I raise my hand, "He's sick with a fever, Sensei." I answer. He hums in acknowledgment. "Okay, I hope you all have your homework completed from yesterday. I'll be collecting them now." I hear some groans through the class. Sensei starts to walk around the class, collecting the papers. Once he's done, he goes up to the board, starting the lesson. I start to write down almost every word, bouncing my attention back and forth.

Izuku's pov:

Steam fills the bathroom, covering the mirror. I lay in the tub, head resting on the side with a towel under my head, nice hot water filled the tub.

I feel like I'm in heaven right now, the water feels amazing on my sour body. My eyes closed in delight, lowering myself more into the water. Forgetting about everything that's been happening recently. Forgetting the bird-like features littering my body, forgetting the pain, the mood changes, everything. I noticed a tingle in my throat. I'm brought back to reality to hear a purr-like chirp leaving my mouth. I feel my face heat up, since when can I do that?? God this is so embarrassing. I try to push it out of my mind, attempting to relish in the warmth of the water, the chirp still very real.

Unfortunately, the anxious thoughts never go away forever, as I feel them slowly flow back into my mind. I start worrying about the bird-like features across my body, spreading like a plague. What if I can't find a way to fix this? What if they don't go away? Will it get even worse?

Will I be stuck like this forever.?

I shake my head, lowering myself into the water more, trying to get rid or at least ease the thoughts. I have to discover a way to reverse this. And fast.

3rd person pov:

School has ended for the day and everyone is back at the dorms. Todoroki, Mineta and Koda returned to their rooms, leaving the rest of the class to hang out in the lounge. Chatter fills the room, Mina flops over the top of the couch to talk to Kaminari, Uraraka talks with Kirishima about fighting techniques, apart from that everyone is mingling with each other.

A couple hours passed, Bakugou and Tsu had returned to their rooms. "Alright everyone! We should start dinner now. Who's turn is it today?" Iida announces, arms chopping through the air. I think it's Ojiro's turn today." Mina comments, placing her finger on her chin. Ojiro sighs, "Alright, you guys better not complain about it being bland again though." He says while getting up and heads to the kitchen. "We promise!!" Hagakure explaims, waving her arm up. "Oh that reminds me!" Uraraka says, getting up and heads to the kitchen. "Whatcha doing Ura?" Mina asks. Uraraka turns over, "I'm going to make Deku some soup, since it'll be easier to eat for him." Uraraka smiles. "That's sweet of you Uraraka, I bet Midoriya will appreciate it!" Kirishima comments. "Mhm!" Uraraka turns back to the kitchen to prepare the soup, hoping to get it done before Ojiro is done, which should be easy as it's just packaged soup.

Izuku's pov:

Never ending heat. Heat has taken over my body, and it was on the brink of being unbearable. Sweat dripped down my forehead, I pant to try and cool myself down. I couldn't take off the sheet though, out of worry someone would walk in and see the weird features that covered my body.