Chapter 5: Restlessness and Anger

So before I start this, I'd just like to note that for a very small part of this chapter I wrote it on my phone instead of my laptop because my cat decided I'd be a great bed and I didn't have the heart to move her. Right when I have the motivations again to write too😂I swear she knows when I plan to do something and chooses then to cuddle me, cute lil bugger.

I just thought this would be fun to mention, also my apologies for the constant switch between Midoriya's first and last name.

Any-who onward with the chapter!!

Izuku's pov:

Two days. Two days I've been stuck in bed. I spent the whole weekend stuck in my room, all because of fucking fever.

I've been feeling a lot more restless soon after the fever started, I want to go outside, to train, to do anything but stay cooped up in here. But my friends have been practically standing guard outside my room after I tried to leave. I made it to the lounge before I collapsed. They've been taking care of me all weekend, bringing me food, drinks and some ice for when I felt too hot. I feel bad from how much they're working for my sake. It's their break and they're spending it taking care of me, they deserve to take some time for themselves.

The headaches finally left after Friday, but of course, more problems arised. Tooth pain returned and my arms became all tingly. I've noticed a bunch of green feathers have been forming on my forearm. It feels like I can't get a break anymore. Anytime a pain ceases a new one comes when I never asked for it. If only she hadn't.. I'm getting used to it at this point, wondering what has changed the next day.

I grit my teeth, shoving myself off my bed. I walk over to my desk, flipping open my laptop. The sound of typing fills the room. I try to find anything I can on rising villains. I mostly get articles on the League of Villains, theories on them and the small amount of info the public got. I try a different approach, at this point I'm desperate to find anything on her. I scrolled for who knows how long, searching through every page I could find.

Nothing comes up on anything related to her.

Just articles on an increase of crazed villains, causing multiple casualties to citizens and hero's alike. Hero's taking down big name villains, new sightings of new smaller villains.

I slam the top of my laptop down with so much force I could've cracked the screen; anger building up inside of me. Absolutely nothing. She's invisible to the public.

I pull at my hair, rage boiling in the pit of my stomach, clawing its way up to my throat. I roar in anger, sweeping the books and papers off my desk, my hand getting stuck in the desk from my talons. The papers fly everywhere and the books make a heavy thud as they hit the ground. I look at the desk, claw marks now carved into the wood, talons attached to the inside of the desk where the rips end. I growl, pulling my hand out of the desk. I'm now staring at the clawed hand.

All the misery brought because of this, all the pain, the anxiety. Everything because I couldn't protect myself. Because I had to go out that day. I just want to fix this, go back to normal. To rip out these feathers and talons and move on with my life.

I collapse to the ground, curling up into a ball, hands buried in my hair. Tears start to form and pour down my face. I can feel myself shaking. If only I wasn't so useless I wouldn't be in this situation. I'd be able to continue my training, enjoy spending time with my friends, not be in constant pain!