Chapter 6: Dadzawa steps in

3rd person:

The tapping of shoes echoed through the mostly empty hall of the facilities dorm. The homeroom teacher of UA's most notorious class, Aizawa walks down to the kitchen to get him morning fuel, coffee. He woke up fairly tired due to last night's patrol, which magnified the need for some caffeine. He had a class to teach after all, despite his wants to stay in his sleeping bag all day and lounge in the quiet.

The main floor bustled with teachers walking around, all getting ready for the day. He slugged over to the kitchen and turned on the coffee maker, then got to work on grabbing the fix-ins for his beverage. "Hey Shota! Whoa, you look like you crawled out of a grave, how late did you stay out last night?" The voice hero, Hizashi, questioned from the other side of the kitchen, tending to some bacon. "Not until 4 am, I kept running into thugs whenever I tried to call it a night.." Aizawa grumbled. Hizashi hummed, sympathy lacing the sound. "Well, at least you have your breaks throughout the day to catch up on some more sleep!" Hizashi suggests, trying to lift up his bestfriends spirit. Aizawa hummed in acknowledgment as he poured the hot bean water known as coffee into a mug. The warmth of the mug brought a sense of comfort to Aizawa, making him feel just a little more at peace.

He leans against the counter as he slowly sips at the hot liquid, tiredly staring into the mug. He looks up at Hizashi, watching him as he cracks an egg into a pan. "So. What do you have planned for your classes today?" Aizawa asks, taking another sip. "Ah! Well I'm going to be continuing with my lecture from yesterday in my homeroom, then hand out some research projects on it. That should take them the rest of the day to get started on. And as for your listeners, I'm going to be teaching them English contractions!" Aizawa lightly chuckles. "You're going to be hearing a lot of groans I bet. I hear a few complaining about your homework sometimes during study periods." Aizawa comments, Hizashi turns and holds up a spatula high like a knight showing off. "It's just taking a while for them to warm up to the language! I'll get them to be excited about it eventually!" He declares. Aizawa chuckles again, bringing his mug back up to his mouth. "Yea. Goodluck with that."

A buzz of his phone grabs his attention away from his goofy friend. He sighs, carefully placing down the mug and grabbing his phone. Aiwawa groans slightly, causing Hizashi to turn to him. "Looks like naps are out of the question for now." "Why's that?" "Iida texted me, something must've happened." Aizawa says as he starts reading what has been sent. "It's about Midoriya, the class suspects something's wrong with him." Hizashi furrows his brows in confusion. "Well yes, he's been sick these past few days. Why? Is something else wrong?" He questions. Aizawa sighs, "I'll talk to him when I see him today. With everything that's been happening recently and now Iida's input, I don't think it's as simple as a cold."

~TimeSkip!!!!~

Aizawa's pov:

The past while has been odd for the problem child. He started pushing himself like crazy for a week straight, then he started acting weird and hiding away, it was clear something was wrong. Later after their training I was told he fell to the ground screaming, saying his back hurt, then he passed out. Recovery Girl said he was okay, and she couldn't see anything affecting him. Then Uraraka tells me he's sick the next day, which would've been understandable as he looked off the previous day. But now I'm being told he's having behaviour issues too, and that he looked very off last night. He also is refusing to talk to anyone right now. With all of that added up, I draw the line. It's clear something is wrong and he needs to talk about it. Once this period is over I'll pull him aside to try and get to the bottom of it.

Speaking of this period, I can hear the chatters of my students as I approach the door. A sigh escapes my mouth as I mentally prepare myself for a long day. As soon as I enter the noise vanishes immediately. "Good, you're all learning well." I walk over to the podium, looking over at the students to do a mental count. I look at the last row to see Midoriya's seat empty. "Where is Midoriya, is he still sick?" I ask the class. Many of them look around, some with concern etched across their faces. Uraraka raises her hand. "Um. Deku-kun hasn't talked to anyone since last night, and when we knocked he didn't reply, his door was locked too..." Her words became more quiet as she reached the end. "He might still be sleeping, you guys told us his cold was pretty back on Friday." Sero comments. Iida raises his hand, "yes Iida?" I raise an eyebrow to him. "Midoriya looked to be in good health when we spoke last night, so it couldn't be that. He may have just slept in from possibly staying up too late. Hopefully." He finishes. Confusion fills my head. So Midoriya was skipping class possibly.? Stress from the previous night caused him to forget to set his alarm? Is he still sick??