Chapter 1: Final Selection

Dear future me,

One more year till final selection! Did we pass? Did we make it? I really hope so, I can finally accomplish something in life. I'm still sad about mother and fathers death. Sometimes I tell myself its a good thing that happened because I got to pick up a sword and help others, but then guilt clouds me and I scold myself for even thinking that. I have officially mastered my 3rd form! I wonder what other things I will be able to do in the future. Something I have learned over this time is to be kind and nice to everyone even if they may not like you at first, because in reality you never know if you will have a favor to ask them one day. Sanemi says I'm a fast learner and praises me for being better then Kocho-san's tsuguko. Kanao which I recently met, doesn't talk as much,but I think she listens to me talking. I hope that when I'm reading this, things will be much better.

Sincerely,
(Name) Sakai

"Maybe I should have waited after the final selection to open this up," I said.

I was sitting on a bamboo flooring in Sanemi's living room. The scent of vanilla and wisteria filled the estate calming my nerves down.

I'm 14 right now, I'm heading toward the final selection in a few hours. I'm just waiting for Sanemi to come so I can say farewell maybe for the last time.

Footsteps could be heard from a distance along with the scent of ohagi.

"Sanemi, your going to eat all of that?" I questioned as he entered the living room.

"Well obviously, aren't you supposed to be heading with the Kanao girl already. She's waiting for you outside," he said.

"Oh yes but I just wanted to say goodbye to you, after all this may be my last words to you."

"Don't say that I bet you will pass for sure. Plus you trained under the fabulous hashira so why wouldn't you pass?"

I nodded then gave him a hug. He hugged me back.

I grabbed my sword and a lunch box that was filled with onigiri's.

"Bye Sanemi! See you later!" I shouted out while running towards Kanao.

"Sorry for the wait Kanao, let's get going now," I said and she nodded.

Time skip

We had finally made it safely. Kanao overpowers my speed by a bit so I'll keep training so I can be in the same level as her.

(Name) Sakai

Speed: 4/5

Kanao Tsuyuri

Speed: 5/5

"Welcome to the Final Selection. The place here is filled with wisteria which is deadly to demons. So after you leave from this place and enter the forest, you will rely on your skills and abilities to live, now begin," said the black and white hair twins.

I grabbed a handful of wisteria and put it in my pocket.

'Outbeat the system'

Without hesitation, I entered the forest first leaving everyone behind shocked.

Its been about 23 minutes and I still don't encounter a demon

Its been about 23 minutes and I still don't encounter a demon. Is it because of the wisteria I'm carrying?

"Someone....p-please help m-me," called a voice from near by. They sounded in pain so I followed. My hearing is considered better then others if I concentrate on my surroundings.

Hearing: 4/5

"What is it that you carry?! I can't get near you without feeling nauseous!" The demon shouted at me.

"Star breathing; 6th form, Serpen's Pray!"

I moved closer so the demon could get more of the impact. I jumped upwards and sliced his head off easily.

"Are you oka-"

He's dead. I was too late to help the injured guy.

I put my hands in a praying position and closed my eyes and wished him a good afterlife.

"Wow you make this challenge look so easy!" exclaimed a boy with yellow hair and a yellow and orange faded haori.

"I think its because of the wisteria I carry, here put some in your pocket so you'll be safe," I told him and took out a portion of the wisteria and gave it to him.

"Even with this magical plant I feel useless, I'm most likely going to die right now," he said with sadness in his voice.

"Don't say that. How about we work together?" I told him.

"You mean it? You won't leave me?"

"Well of course I won't leave you. We protect each other. How about that?" I said.

He nodded and then looked at my face.

"YOUR SO PRETTY I WANT TO MARRY YOU!" he said suddenly. I swear dropped at his compliment.

"O-oh um thank you. Sorry but I'm too young to marry someone," I responded.

We kept walking and as I thought, no demons approached us. This wisteria thing really was a life saver!

Me and the yellow boy introduced each other and I discovered his name is Zenitsu.

"Zenitsu, I think we can sleep for a while since do demons are coming, the sun will almost rise so I think we will be safe," I said.

I found a rock like cave but not so big in the distance and grabbed his hand and dragged him over there.

"Here we will be safe," I motioned him to sit by me and he walked toward me and sat.

I tried to close my eyes and relax but no position was comfortable.

"You can lean on my shoulder if you want and since your wearing a skirt I'd figure you'll be cold," he said while taking off his haori and covered me and himself.

I slowly leaned on his shoulder and closed my eyes...

Soon drifting into a deep slumber.

- (Name) didn't plan to sleep but since she saw demons won't attack her while she had wisteria, she decided to sleep before she was too tired.

- Zenitsu blushed hardly when (name) grabbed his hand.

- Sanemi is very worried about (name).

- Kanao is searching for (Name).

- Giyuu was going to wish (name) good luck but he came too late.

- Not edited

hi guys u should totally go check out my megumi fanfic i have up ‼️