chapter8

“You’re enjoying this too much,” The alpha said, eyes glinting and Jaebum felt shivers with just his stare (wasn’t that even more unfair?). Yugyeom dawn a black tank top over his shirtless body, smirking at him as he continued dressing at a torturously slow pace. Jaebum gulped, cheeks heating as he tried to look away from the alpha’s enticing body.

“S-shut up” Jaebum shuttered, his blush even more visible now, forcing him to hide his face with his hand. He heard a peal of melodious laughter before his hands were swatted away from his face, eyes meeting with exceptionally gentle ones.

“You smell like them too” Yugyeom whispers, lips too close to his neck. “It’s delectable” He growled before backing away, smiling innocently as he gets out of the bedroom leaving Jaebum gobsmacked.

He stayed frozen for a few seconds, mentally replaying the sentences a hundred times, and then he moaned pathetically, heart constricting as he could smell his own arousal in the air. He sighed, time to take another pill. He hates Yugyeom, Jaebum thought, his mind reeling with the possibilities of Yugyeom’s words and hating how much he wanted it to play out.

He grumbles all the way to the bathroom, brushing his teeth hurriedly, washing his face thoroughly, trying to distract himself uselessly. It never works. He thinks of changing into fresh clothes but his baggy shirt and worn-out shorts seemed too comfortable, and he had only worn them yesterday. He usually avoids wearing exposing outfits, not wanting to draw any attention towards him but he was feeling reckless, found it even harder to fight his instincts now.

Which was the first mistake.

He was a little worried, the bottoms were pretty short, his baggy shirt covering half of it and showing his legs entirely. He knew he had a good body, but his omega still felt conscious since it has been a long time since anybody really looked at him. More worried about his own reaction to the scorching glances of his alphas- members on him, on the exposed skin, he didn’t like the fact that he felt excited too. Being sexy and confident for the fans has always come easy for him, but for his alphas, it made him shy, and sometimes (most of the time) insecure.

It was a good- hell an amazing body! But for a beta or even an alpha! Not for a damn omega. They kept saying it doesn’t matter, that it’s okay, but it's not. No matter what people say, there is a stereotype, there will always be, and most of them would prefer that- that is why it is called a stereotype. He was small by no means, in no way, only Yugyeom was a giant baby, taller than him, but he was still huge- not like an omega should be. He thinks nature has fucked up, or maybe it’s intentionally screwing with him. Whatever it is, his self-esteem is not in a good shape, he wonders if it will ever be. And how badly will he break when the truth comes out and they wouldn’t claim him as their omega? He knows, oh he knows they will accept him, there is no doubt but their omega, that’s different.

Damn, he was strong, why is he overthinking over a fucking piece of cloth? He takes a deep breath, he knows it’s more about the fact that all this is a build-up for the ‘big revelation’ and it just makes him nervous. He looks at the clock, it’s been half an hour since Yugyeom left, Jaebum sighs, feeling more pathetic with each passing seconds. He is sometimes sick of being an omega.

“Okay, okay, I got this.”

He did not.

~*~

“Hyung! Yug finally learned frying egg-” Bambam excited voice cut short when he took a full look of the said hyung. Jaebum raised his brow but the beta stayed silent. He shrugged it off, turning to Yugyeom who was half-successful at flipping the egg, breaking it into half in the process. Jaebum chuckled at the adorable alpha, taking pity on him, and made his way to the kitchen counter.

“Let me take over” His chuckling turned into a giggle, cuffing the alpha on his forehead who was pouting at him again. “make another batch of this and pass me the slices of bacon” Yugyeom smiled in relief, doing exactly as he was told. The chattering seemed to have stopped, Jaebum realizes after a minute, he looks around and finds the members staring at him, eyes conflicted. “Guys?”

“I will get Jackson hyung” Youngjae quickly says and runs out of the kitchen. Jaebum is pushed into more confusion as nobody comments further. Jinyoung sits up abruptly, snapping the others to reality.

“Anyone wants toast?” Jinyoung asks, voice weirdly controlled. Mark clears his throat and replies yes. Okay, this was not their usual routine, what the hell? The only thing-

They aren’t affected by his attire, right? Why would they anyway? They didn’t say anything about it or lingered there, so it doesn’t seem plausible. He ignores the nagging feeling and restarts cooking the remaining breakfast.

Yugyeom notices though, every fleeting glance thrown at Jaebum, startled to see their leader becoming this comfortable in a few days, the unbridled hunger and quickening of breaths. Oh he notices it all, smiling sadistically, proudly, the memories of touching those very slender legs, the beckoning waist- he sighs out wishfully, he needs his omega. His hyung is so oblivious, it’s endearing. Always so unaware of desires swirling in people around him, always for him, but Jaebum never seems to understand, thinks how can anyone desire a beta like him, his confidence flying away when he is not performing.

Then Jackson enters with Youngjae in tow, unprepared for a ravishing sight so early in the morning. The shorter alpha was mumbling curses in Chinese, not happy to be awakened early on their day off. Youngjae shushes him as they settle on the dining table. By that time, Jaebum is done and Jinyoung is putting toasted pieces of bread on the plate, distracted when their leader walks by him, eyes following his legs.

“Jacks, you shouldn’t drink if you can’t handle the consequences” He reprimands the alpha, with a softness only he can conjure. Jackson groans but makes an affirming noise, then a sharp intake of breath as he looks up at the leader. “Hey, are you okay? Jacks?” Jaebum’s worried voice reaches him but he can’t seem to reply, taken aback completely.

“Y-Yo-You can’t attack me like that!” Jackson blurts out after a while, finding his words and eyes widened. The other members silently agreed.

“What did I do?” Jaebum asks incredulously at the ridiculous situation he finds himself in. Jackson is shaking his head, surprise still evident on his face.

“U-U-Uh- your legs” He yells, voice pitched- shrilling, pointing accusingly at Jaebum.

“What about it?” Jaebum scowled.

“It’s-it’s-” He gulped, eyes trying to avoid Jaebum’s confused but hurt gaze “too distracting for first thing in the morning!”

“Uh… what the hell… you can’t me-” He backtracks “You like it?” He asks skeptically, as if he can’t believe such a thing can ever happen, totally unconvinced when Jackson nodded.

“Yess!” Jackson hissed, drawing looks “what!? They are very pretty legs” Jaebum blushes at that, smacking Jackson’s head in embarrassment. Yugyeom watches as the scene unfold, it’s a little funny, he muses. He would have been out of it too if he wasn’t so deliciously prepared. The omega is ignorant of his appeal, his effect on people other than his fans.

Jaebum looks so comfortable, at home, that’s what sets them off, Yugyeom thinks. Jaebum looking like home, like a part of the pack, like theirs. It’s been ages since Jaebum was ever so relaxed, so free, cooking for them in the most adorable outfit, hair beautifully tucked behind one ear while the other side falling in front of his eyes, at ease without his I-am-the-leader-I-must-be-on-guard-everytime attitude. Yugyeom can only imagine how happy Jaebum would be when he can be his true self, taking care of them in a way he really wishes to, living in a way he dreams to.

The table is unusually quiet but not awkward. They start eating, alphas looking at each other in wonder, put out, but preening unknowingly with Jaebum’s actions.

“You should be like this more often, hyung,” Youngjae says, not looking up “It’s nice” Before Jaebum could shyly thank him, he added “But it is pretty” Jaebum made a choked sound.