chapter12

Doc, what's the status?" Jaebum asked as calmly as he could, he could see members were already panicking, as a leader he needed to stand his ground, no matter how worried he was inside. Doctor Song had a resigned expression on her face, an expression he was quite familiar with, his heart started thudding violently against his chest as he waited for her to answer.

"The wolf is trying to take control of his body, Jaebum. This is bad. I have been telling Yugyeom he needed to make peace with his wolf, original wolves are harder to negotiate with, but he didn't listen"

"Bu-But Yug had control, r-right? He was doing pretty well?"

"He was. But suppressing an original takes a toll on the body, Jae, just like suppressing omega's instinct affects omegas severely" She looked at him pointedly, Jaebum ignored the jab "it's important to accept wolf will be forever part of life, you can't run away from it. He was doing good though, too good actually" She lowered her voice "probably after he knew about you. But that made him drop his guard, his concentration to contain the wolf, and the wolf as strong as original need just one moment of weakness. And it is angry, Jaebum. Angry. It's been contained for three long years, the aftermath won't be pretty."

"...what... what to do now?" Jaebum gulped, knowing the answer would be bad news. He saw another doctor coming in followed by two nurses. Half of the building was evacuated for the emergency, only a few workers and staff remained. He sighed, hopefully, nobody was aware who relapsed. It wasn't uncommon for alphas to lose control over their wolf, it wasn't frequent either. But one thing it was, dangerous as fuck.

"The human side is still fighting, the wolf is not in total control yet. But Yug's conscience will get weak and he might do things he may regret. We don't know how long the medications will keep him down, as you know pills barely affects them. The amount we gave him is not healthy and we can't give such a high dose this soon. Or it will be fatal for Yugyeom's body." The worry was clear on her face, this situation can get way worse in a few moments, and probably out of control without seriously hurting someone. "Jaebum..." Her voice barely a whisper now "You will have to make a very hard choice today."

"What do you mean?"

"The doctors have-"

"Jaebum-ssi" One of the nurses interrupted, she was a beta, Jaebum thought "Please gather your pa-group" Jaebum glared at her for the mock-mistake even if she didn't mean it. The nurse was taken aback at his action. Jaebum wasn't like this, but these sudden scenarios happening in his life in such a short span is making him crazy.

"Alright, everyone" Jaebum called out, all attention turned towards him, Jaebum didn't know how he could bear talking at this point. "Doctor..."

"Park, Park Chanyeol" The deep voice and alpha pheromones startled Jaebum before he collected himself.

"Doctor Park has something to say" Jaebum completed. The members nodded, hurriedly making their way into the meeting room. Except for Doctor Song, the nurses, and members, nobody else came because it was a private matter. Chanyeol started with a grim look.

"We have approximately an hour or two before medications stop working. When that happens, the situation would be out of our hands. We can contain him, bind him, but it's likely he can escape even that if the wolf comes in control. After a lot of consideration, I have decided with Doctor Song that omega is needed, it's a must at this point" The alpha stopped, letting them process the information. Their eyes were wide in shock, looking at each other helplessly at the turn of the event. Jaebum stared at Doctor Song with something akin to horror on his face and she stared back apologetically.

"That's dangerous, Doctor Park" Jinyoung spoke up, skeptical at the solution. They all knew the consequences of unfamiliar unmarked omega. Jackson voiced his agreement.

"That it is, very much in fact. But there is no other way to bring him back. We need to calm down the alpha, it's unbounded to anyone else except Kim Yugyeom. If Yugyeom-ssi had a mate, it would be very easy to help the human side and wolf side reconcile with an intermediator. Even if you're like a pack, you all are still alphas and at this point, the original is annoyed with alphas and wouldn't hesitate to attack, not with the human side almost gone."

"We... that's..." they were at a loss, reluctant and... unhappy at the prediction. Slowly after a while, it turned into resignation and god, how much Jaebum hated that word, the word of hopelessness. Jaebum realized this is what Doc meant when she said he had to make a hard choice today. But really, how can that be when he had no choice? There weren't any other options. He wouldn't be able to live with himself if something bad happened. Worst, if the wolf accepted those... unneeded, unwanted omega- oh woah woah, shit, when did he become so vicious?

But it was obvious how the members disliked that idea. Doc was looking at him expectantly, her gaze burning holes on his back. He sighed again, no rest for the wicked.

"We can't do that" Jaebum refused softly, his voice barely audible. Chanyeol looked at him incredulously, as if he has lost his mind while the members were bewildered at his decision, and a wee bit relieved. It would have been endearing to see the alphas waiting for an omega's decision if the situation wasn't so serious.

"Jaebum-ssi, are you sure? Because there doesn't seem to be any other option" Chanyeol sounded displeased. Jaebum avoided the overly proud look Doc was sending at him, grinning with happiness for some reason.

"I will deal with him" Someone gasped, Jaebum couldn't pinpoint since his heartbeats rang loudly in his ear, hands shaking at the thoughts of confrontation and truth that will come out in a moment.