chapter 26

“Jaebum” Mark suddenly called out, Jaebum looked at him in question “are you done eating?” he asked gently when Jaebum nodded, he asked him to come closer to him. Jaebum shrugged, getting up and making his way to the older alpha.

“Yes?” He grabbed Jaebum’s hand, waited for Jaebum to refuse, when the omega didn’t say anything, he went ahead and pulled him in his lap, surprising everyone in the room. “H-Hyung?”

Mark ignored his little question, tugging at the hem of his sweatshirt until his shoulder and collarbone were exposed. Jaebum gasped and covered his mouth abashedly. Mark touched the side of his neck, his cold breathes tickling at his skin, his other hand traced the pale skin of his nape, skipping past the patch Jaebum had used to tame his scent.

“The original of the pack must have a mark on the omega to establish the bond, through the omega, alphas would be able to connect with the original. But in our case, the original is not the pack alpha- and pack alpha must mark the omega too. So the best scenario would be, original biting at the back of the nape” Mark’s voice deepened, the fingers with their feather-like touch, sent shivers down his spine “where the mating gland is, and the pack alpha will bit at the side, slightly distanced from the first mark… here” the words were mouthed on his exposed shoulder while Mark’s hand showed the place. Jaebum might leak a bit if the sensual touches continue. The aura had changed, eyes darkened and attentive, staring at him like he was the only one existing in this world.

“What about the others?” Jinyoung asked, voice roughened.

“Glad you asked” Jaebum felt Mark smirking into his skin, and shuddered, pulling their attention to his body again. Mark carried on like nothing happened “three marks… in places that will not be seen by other people- for example, either side of the hip or thighs” Mark’s hands traveled down, resting at his thighs, pressing a little as if to demonstrate. Jaebum couldn’t help squirming in his lap, it was too much for him, but the action only caused trouble as he felt something poking in between his ass. His face reddened. The teasing spiked his scent, letting the room fill with light tangerine, the sweetness multiplying beautifully mixed with arousal, not enough to drive them crazy but enough to tease them. But- there was something else too.

Forest and after-rain.

“Why do you have Yugyoem’s smell in your scent?”

“W-W-What?” Jaebum blinked at Youngjae’s question, he was way out of it to understand in one go. The hold on his body tightened, even more, Mark restricting him to move.

“Yes… he does have Yug’s smell” Jackson sniffed the air, confused.

“Oh-Oh that’s… uh-”

“He’s wearing my shirt” Yugyeom informed with no shred of delicacy. Jaebum wanted to facepalm himself.

“…but you weren’t here in the morning… Jaebum hyung is not the type to use things without permission” Youngjae deduced, eying the both of them. Jaebum started sweating. Youngjae was too observant.

“Yes, he isn’t.”

“You knew about him” Jinyoung said, with a blank voice. Yugyeom nodded, what else was he to do? He doesn’t regret it. And he said as much, with his expression.

“When?”

“That-” Jaebum wished to interrupt but they were already piecing it all together. Something dawned on Youngjae, his expression clearing as he glanced at both the original and the omega. He clearly remembers it. 

“…that day…” he started “isn’t it? Where all of us went out- and you were in the studio practicing, it all changed that day-”

“Right, after that Yugyeom started talking about dating hyung and even hyung was opening up” Bambam mused, expression mixed between annoyance and pride. Yugyeom was a sneaky little shit. “How did you know? Was it your ability?”